The Colorful and Extraordinary World of Niki de Saint Phalle’s Tarot Garden
Welcome to the Wonderful Circus of Dame Laura KnightJanuary 2, 2021
Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, children of all ages. The DailyArt Magazine proudly takes each of you for a lovely ride in the circus. And no, we’re not talking about ‘a’ circus. Today, you will meet the...
Lygia Pape and Neo-Concretism: Art Is ExperienceDecember 27, 2020
Breaking with all the patterns of what had been art in Latin America up to then, Lygia Pape with Grupo Frente created a unique Brazilian artistic movement: Neo-concretism. Art is the manifestation of human history and man is the product...
Andrea Fraser’s Museum Highlights: Artist as PerformerDecember 22, 2020
American-born Andrea Fraser is a leading performance artist of her generation (born 1965), best known for her work on institutional critique. She came to fame during the late 1980s and early 1990s, with her unique performances enacting various...
The Pros and Cons of Maggie Hambling’s Mary WollstonecraftDecember 21, 2020
Maggie Hambling CBE (b. 1945) is a British artist who is rarely seen without a cigarette. She paints beautiful land and seascapes, has several fascinating portraits at the National Gallery (where she was the first artist in residence...
The Colors of the Earth and Beyond: Artist İnterview with Ulrike ArnoldDecember 17, 2020
Ulrike Arnold (b. 1950) is a contemporary German artist working with earth pigments that she gathers by hand. For the last forty years, she has traveled to all seven continents and collected earth pigments while working in situ....
Lavett Ballard’s African American and Female NarrativesDecember 14, 2020
Lavett Ballard‘s work is currently on show in two exhibitions, When She Roars is on at the Long-Sharp Gallery and Women Heal through Rite and Ritual is on at the Galerie Myrtis. When entering the show, you will...
- Painting of the Week: Saint George and the Dragon
- The Night — Ten Beautiful Nocturne Paintings
- How Did Caravaggio Die? The Answer Is Not Easy
- The Mysterious Pinturas Negras Reveal Goya’s Darkest Secrets
- Under Hokusai’s Great Wave
- Roman Holidays: Italian Landscapes Through the Eyes of Russian Artists
- Did You Know that Monet Was a Master of Caricatures?
- Wanderlust Exhibition – Travel Desire Encapsulated in Paintings
- #MeToo and the Medusa Myth
- Maxfield Parrish – Life and Legacy