Stories By Chris Dobson
Troy at the British Museum: Myth and RealityJanuary 28, 2020
This excellently curated exhibition on Troy at the British Museum in London takes visitors on a journey spanning thousands of years. There’s plenty for history geeks who want to know more about the real Trojan War...
Tutankhamun in London: Treasures of the Golden PharaohJanuary 20, 2020
For the first time in decades, the treasures of Tutankhamun – who ruled over Egypt from approximately 1334 – 1325 BCE – are on display in the United Kingdom, and this time at the Saatchi Gallery...
Last Chance to See: William Blake at Tate BritainJanuary 14, 2020
Tate Britain is the oldest of the United Kingdom’s four Tate galleries, the others being the Tate Modern in London, Tate Liverpool and Tate St Ives. Tate Britain not only boasts an excellent permanent collection of...
Painting of the Week: Eduardo Paolozzi, I was a Rich Man’s PlaythingJune 16, 2019
Eduardo Paolozzi’s 1947 collage I was a Rich Man’s Plaything, which can be seen in the Tate Modern in London, was one of the first works of Pop Art and even contains the word ‘POP!’ Eduardo...
Käthe Kollwitz: Germany’s Greatest Female ArtistApril 18, 2019
Käthe Kollwitz (1867 – 1945) was one of Germany’s greatest artists and she holds the distinction of being the only woman artist to make it into Ernst Gombrich’s The Story of Art. In 1920 she became the...
Painting of the Week: Artemisia Gentileschi, Self Portrait as Saint Catherine of AlexandriaMarch 24, 2019
Artemisia Gentileschi (1593 – c. 1656) was ‘one of the best Italian Baroque painters.’ Despite this, you won’t find any of her works in the National Gallery of Art in Washington, D.C., nor in the Louvre in...
- 10 Most Scandalous Nudes in Art (NSFW)
- Pen Pineapple Apple Pen – Art Edition
- These 4 Cutest Joshua Reynolds’ Children Will Make You Miss Childhood
- Vasily Vereshchagin – Journey through India
- Famous Painters and Their Children
- Painting of the Week: Salvador Dalí, Madonna of Port Lligat
- Art for Climate Change: Emily Carr, Odds and Ends
- Painting of the Week: Edvard Munch, Madonna
- Painting of the Week: Giotto, Ognissanti Madonna
- Painting of the Week: Fra Filippo Lippi, Madonna and Child with Two Angels