Stories By Isabella Hill
Janet Sobel: the Forgotten Female Artist Who Influenced Jackson PollockApril 27, 2021
Although almost entirely erased from the canon of Abstract Expressionist art, Janet Sobel (born Jennie Olechovsky) is now slowly gaining recognition as one of the original creators of the “drip painting” technique that many critics have...
The Scenes You Might Know From Anime: Outstanding Prints of Hasui KawaseMarch 8, 2021
Hasui Kawase (1883-1957) was one of Japan’s most important and prolific printmakers and artists of the late 19th and early-20th centuries. As a prominent designer of the shin-hanga (“new prints”) movement, he depicted traditional subjects with...
- Mothers in Art: DailyArt’s Celebration of Mother’s Day
- Lise Tréhot. The Mysterious Beauty from Renoir’s Paintings
- Aubrey Beardsley: Sharp Blacks and Whites of the Victorian Era
- The Stunning Botanical Art of Barbara Regina Dietzsch
- Artemisia Gentileschi: The Rape Survivor And Her Revenge
- 5 Swedish Pioneering Female Photographers You Should Get to Know
- Wronged Royal Wives – British Scandal and Heartbreak Through the Centuries
- Janet Sobel: the Forgotten Female Artist Who Influenced Jackson Pollock
- Zdzisław Beksiński’s Passion for Music
- Six Wives Of Henry VIII in Portraits