Stories By Isabella Hill
Aubrey Beardsley at Shapero Rare Books: An Interview with Expert, Roddy NewlandsJune 8, 2021
The incredible exhibition, Aubrey Beardsley – Inking the 1890s, nearly 100 years old and in exceptional condition, is on display and for sale in Shapero Rare Books on New Bond Street in London, UK. One highlight...
Janet Sobel: the Forgotten Female Artist Who Influenced Jackson PollockApril 27, 2021
Although almost entirely erased from the canon of Abstract Expressionist art, Janet Sobel (born Jennie Olechovsky) is now slowly gaining recognition as one of the original creators of the “drip painting” technique that many critics have...
The Scenes You Might Know From Anime: Outstanding Prints of Hasui KawaseMarch 8, 2021
Hasui Kawase (1883-1957) was one of Japan’s most important and prolific printmakers and artists of the late 19th and early-20th centuries. As a prominent designer of the shin-hanga (“new prints”) movement, he depicted traditional subjects with...
- Masterpiece of the Week: Mithras Slaying the Bull
- 14 Famous “Vogue” Covers Created by Famous Artists
- Four Women Impressionists You Shouldn’t Forget
- Artistic Patronage of Akbar the Great
- Barbara Hepworth: Sculptor of Archaic Wonders
- Diego Rivera’s Life in Self-Portraits
- Painting Of The Week – John Everett Millais, Ophelia
- Everything You Should Know About Islamic Art
- This Article Is Only About Cheese in Painting
- Eid Al-Adha — Seven Beautiful Mosques Around the World