Florence Welch – Perfect Model for the Pre-Raphaelite BrotherhoodApril 25, 2020
We all know Florence Welch, the leader of indie-rock band Florence+the machine. And if you don’t, I suggest you find her cosmic music right now and open a whole new amazing world! Florence herself seems to descend to...
David Bowie, from Popstar to Neo-expressionist PainterJanuary 23, 2020
Most people know David Bowie as a popstar and performer, but do you know his secret talent? He embraced the fine arts as well as music, performing arts and was also very passionate about painting. To express himself,...
London’s National Portrait GalleryDecember 14, 2019
You have approximately six months until the National Portrait Gallery shuts down for a three year renovation (29 June 2020 – Spring 2023)! If you’ve not yet visited, hopefully these five reasons will inspire you to go before...
This Looks Out of Tune!? Finding Dissonance in Kandinsky’s PaintingsNovember 27, 2019
Russian artist Wassily Kandinsky painted some of the most beautiful pieces of art, in a style that is instantly recognisable. The flurry of lines, colours and shapes, demonstrates an ability to enchant art lovers without representing any recognisable forms,...
Beatles and Biennales – the Life and Times of Robyn DennyOctober 3, 2019
In a grim and conservative post-war Britain, Robyn Denny burst onto the art scene like a Holi festival colour bomb. He arrived at art school in London in 1951 just as British art was looking away from its...
Passing Time with Klee: Demonstrating Temporality in Visual ArtSeptember 19, 2019
Paul Klee was a “musical” painter, not least because he chose the violin and bow before brush and easel. Klee’s father was a music teacher and his mother a singer, which had a profound effect on his approach...
Making Meaning: Charlotte Salomon Painting Her ChildhoodFebruary 9, 2019
The artist Charlotte Salomon was tragically killed in the gas chamber at Auschwitz at the age of 26, whilst 5 months pregnant. She left behind two legacies: a beautiful collection of her paintings and a fascinating story. Magda Michalska...
- Kiyohara Yukinobu: Sublime Female Painter of the Kano School
- Hiroshige’s Winter Views of Edo
- Stendhal Syndrome – The Art Fans Sickness
- Everything You Must Know About Suprematism and Kazimir Malevich
- Winter in Paris: Gustave Caillebotte, Rooftops in the Snow
- DailyArt Magazine Turns Four! Our Impressions of the Impressionists
- Native American Art from Donald Ellis Gallery at the Frieze Viewing Room
- Visit in Madrid or Online: The Thyssen-Bornemisza National Museum
- Léon Spilliaert: The Longing Behind the Symbolism
- The Art Of Thanksgiving By Norman Rockwell