How Italian Futurism Influenced FashionMarch 10, 2021
During the 20th century Italian Futurist artists, thinkers, and like-minded creators such as Balla, Depero, or Thayaht paid attention to fashion. They designed or produced works that sometimes couldn’t be worn but that could be considered as art...
How Did Paris Fall in Love with Ballets Russes?February 24, 2021
Ballets Russes was a ballet company founded by the Russian impresario Sergei Diaghilev. No doubt, Ballets Russes made Russian ballet famous all around the world. However, there was special love Russians received from fastidious Paris. Let’s find out...
Fashion as Manifesto: Uniforms Designed for an Imaginary Space StationDecember 4, 2020
Using art as a manifesto of one’s feelings and ideas has always been common among artists and designers. Fashion designer Dilara Fındıkoğlu is no exception. For Odunpazarı Modern Museum, Fındıkoğlu designed a set of uniforms to manifest her...
The International Dispute over Montezuma’s TiaraNovember 25, 2020
2021 will be the year of a double anniversary for Mexicans, marking 200 years since liberation from Spanish dominion, and 500 years since the fall of Tenochtitlan, the Aztec city which gave foundation to modern Mexico City. The...
Wearing the Message: Changing the World One Outfit at a TimeNovember 24, 2020
From the original silk banners worn by the Suffragettes, through to slogan T-shirts, we often quite literally wear our protest message. This personal, physical act is almost common-place now, so has it lost its potency? Is a political...
Painting of the Week: François Boucher, La ToiletteNovember 22, 2020
The soft rustle of silky cloth and the hard crackling of burning wood echo against the yellow papered walls of the boudoir. The small room is overflowing with sensual delights as two women perform a daily routine of...
Ancient Bikini Girls from the Roman MosaicsOctober 17, 2020
If you have ever wondered when the history of the bikini began, it started exactly at the same time and place in history as philosophy, mathematics, and art: with the ancient! The Roman mosaics found in Sicily prove...
- Art from Horror Movies: Japanese Woodblocks of Tsukioka Yoshitoshi
- The Night — Ten Beautiful Nocturne Paintings
- Eyewitness to Space: The NASA Art Program
- Divine Beauty of Landscapes: California on Canvas
- 5 Best DailyArt Magazine Articles As Selected By Our Readers
- Cheer Me Up! 10 Funniest DailyArt Magazine Articles Ever
- Pure Happiness, Fun, and Joy in Jan Steen’s Paintings
- Diego Rivera’s Life in Self-Portraits
- The Dutch Master of Selfies: Rembrandt’s 6 Magnificent Self-Portraits
- Symbolism Special: Jacek Malczewski’s Dates with Death