Christian Dior and Surrealist Women ArtistsFebruary 12, 2020
Since the entrance of feminism into public debate in recent years, it has influenced many aspects of our culture. One of these is fashion. Many designers have embraced female empowerment and diversity in many ways. One of the...
Welcoming the Twenties with Tamara de LempickaDecember 31, 2019
Today I am taking you to a New Year’s Eve party. This year, like every year, we hope that the year coming will be better. But hearing that the twenties are coming somehow the picture of the 1920s...
London’s National Portrait GalleryDecember 14, 2019
You have approximately six months until the National Portrait Gallery shuts down for a three year renovation (29 June 2020 – Spring 2023)! If you’ve not yet visited, hopefully these five reasons will inspire you to go before...
10 Beautiful Kimono from the Victoria & Albert Museum CollectionNovember 15, 2019
Victoria and Albert Museum in London is one of the leading museums focusing on art and design. It’s special for me due to the vast range of their collection, excluding no material or technique. V&A collects everything from...
The Majestic Art of Alexander McQueenNovember 14, 2019
A Champagne Supernova, as Maureen Callahan calls him in her book, Alexander McQueen, was a pioneer of the 90s fashion. Along with Marc Jacobs, he was one of the most influential designers of the industry, remembered for his raw...
The Artistic Inspiration of BalenciagaOctober 15, 2019
Cristóbal Balenciaga was the “Master of us all,” as Christian Dior said, and a “couturier in the truest sense of the word,” according to Coco Chanel. The world was devasted when he passed away in 1972. He was...
Natural Shine – Nature Inspired Jewelry from Victoria and Albert MuseumSeptember 5, 2019
The Victoria and Albert Museum in London has a fantastic collection of jewelry. This time we will take a look at the pieces inspired by natural forms. Nature-inspired jewelry, decorated with clearly recognizable flowers or fruit, emerged with...
- Coffee, Tea, Beer… Drinks in Art for All Tastes!
- 10 Best Portraits Of Édouard Manet
- The Orientalism of Eugène Delacroix – Beware of the Colors!
- Here Comes the Sun… Sunrises for Hope in Art
- Lesbian Love and Sex in Art History
- Ardhanarishvara – Androgynous Portrayal of Shiva and Parvati
- Artists’ Beloved Travel Destinations as Seen Through Their Art
- Cute Babies in Art: From Rubens to Cassatt
- Julia Margaret Cameron. The Queen of Pre-Raphaelite Photography
- Pink Unicorns, Cowboys and Candy Clouds: Welcome to Will Cotton’s Own Wild West