The Forgotten Couturier Elsa Schiaparelli: Surrealism, Art and Revolutionary Fashion
10 Awesome Pairs of Shoes from the Victoria & Albert CollectionSeptember 16, 2020
Victoria & Albert Museum in London is a hoarder’s dream. They have unrivaled collections of everything you can think of, one of them being shoes. The V&A shoe collection consists of over 2000 pairs and spans over 3000...
Dior AW 2020-21: Deconstructing Art ReferencesSeptember 15, 2020
Maria Grazia Chiuri is famous for creating spectacular collections and phantasmagorical shows. Each show is unique, not just for the beautiful clothes, but also for the attention to detail. Chiuri’s goal is to showcase women artists and to...
The Met Gala and Beyond: Fashion and ArtSeptember 14, 2020
You only need type ‘Fashion’ into the search bar on DailyArt Magazine and you will be met with numerous articles on the topic ranging from how fashion and art intersect, to the sculpture-like dresses of various designers. Furthermore,...
Tattoos – Ancient Ink to Modern CelebritySeptember 13, 2020
Love them or loathe them, tattoos are a global phenomenon. Inserting pigment under the skin for decorative or ritualistic purposes has been around since prehistoric times. Tattooing is a close relative of scarification and piercing, and examples exist...
The Art of Jewels: Spinel, the Ruby ImpersonatorAugust 31, 2020
The spinel, also known as the balas ruby, was first derived from the historic region of Badakshan in Central Asia. These beautiful gemstones usually occur in a red hue, much like their more famous relative, the ruby. While rubies...
Makeup Inspired by ArtAugust 17, 2020
Makeup is a powerful thing. It can transform us into whoever or whatever we want. Many makeup artists create stunning looks for every occasion we can imagine. Also let’s not forget their talent when it comes to special...
- Edgar Degas and His Most Beautiful Ballerinas
- Fifty Shades of Dr. Pozzi
- HERE: Black in Rembrandt’s Time. Rembrandthuis Decolonizes
- Botero and His Characteristic Chubby Style: Boterism
- Autumn Moon in Japanese Woodblock Prints
- Nighthawks as Memes – Edward Hopper’s Best Renditions
- The Lifelike Death Fayum Portraits of Roman Egypt
- Painting of the Week: Firs Zhuravlev, A Fashionista Wife
- The Origin of the World and the Female Gaze
- Where Is Van Gogh’s Biggest Art Collection Outside of Amsterdam? In the Kröller-Müller Museum!
- Traversing the Unseen: Interview with Multi-Media Artist Sara Osebold
- Frida Kahlo And The Symbolism In Her Art
- Kyra Nijinsky: Portrait of a Dancer
- “They Are Black Because I’m Not White” Portraits By Lynette Yiadom-Boakye
- The Forgotten Couturier Elsa Schiaparelli: Surrealism, Art and Revolutionary Fashion