The Journey of 19th Century Parisian Ads to 21st Century WallsJuly 17, 2020
Advertising posters have proven to be an essential element of the retro aesthetic. Reminiscent of the lifestyle of its time, this form of visual expression tells the tale of society and its evolution. Vintage Parisian posters are the...
Art Nouveau: 10 Most Beautiful Buildings in the WorldJuly 16, 2020
With so many options to choose from, it is hard to narrow down a list of the most beautiful Art Nouveau buildings in the world. So here’s a small portion of what can be found. Defining Art Nouveau...
Klimt’s Unknown Portraits You Would Never Guess Were HisJuly 15, 2020
Some of Klimt’s portraits have already gained the status of ‘iconic’, for example his portrait of Adele Bloch-Bauer soaked in gold. Yet, before Klimt became the head of the Secession movement in Vienna in 1897, he painted in...
Art Nouveau ExplainedJuly 14, 2020
Art Nouveau is one of the most distinguished styles in art. Even though its duration was brief, it quickly became a fetish of the elite. It spread through all social groups and classes. It was an urban phenomenon...
Moulin Rouge and the Folies Bergère: Best Can-Can Paintings in Art HistoryJuly 11, 2020
Can-can paintings depict the most famous dance of La Belle Époque era. Originating in France, the Can-can, associated with skirts, petticoats, high kicks, splits, and cartwheels became popular in the 1840s. Although originally danced by both women and...
A Queer World in Konstantin Somov’s ArtworksJune 22, 2020
Konstantin Somov (1869-1939) was a Russian painter, co-founder of the artistic movement Mir Iskusstva and well known for his watercolors associated with the 18th-century style. A frequent inspiration for Somov’s artworks were the characters, Marquise and Harlequin; depicted with painted...
Once Upon a Time in Moscow: Pertsov’s House, a Russian Terem Amidst Modern BuildingsMarch 20, 2020
This building from the art-nouveau era is a sight for sore eyes! Pertsov’s house is an interesting example of Russian classical folk influences combined with 20th century architecture. Pertsov’s Apartment House is one of the most famous buildings...
- Léon Spilliaert: The Longing Behind the Symbolism
- Kiyohara Yukinobu: Sublime Female Painter of the Kano School
- Stendhal Syndrome – The Art Fans Sickness
- Everything You Must Know About Suprematism and Kazimir Malevich
- DailyArt Magazine Turns Four! Our Impressions of the Impressionists
- Visit in Madrid or Online: The Thyssen-Bornemisza National Museum
- The Art Of Thanksgiving By Norman Rockwell
- Six Ancient Greek Sculptures Everyone Should Know
- The Best Autumn Foods in Still-Life Paintings
- Native American Art from Donald Ellis Gallery at the Frieze Viewing Room