The Hundred Faces Of Kiki de MontparnasseSeptember 15, 2017
She was an actress, singer and muse to Man Ray. Known as the “Queen of Montparnasse” she influenced the trajectory of Paris’s roaring 1920s. Kiki, originally Alice Prin, was born in Burgundy in 1901, and had a poor, uneducated...
How Would Superheroes Have Looked In The 17th Century?August 20, 2017
16th century – a beautiful time full of people wearing ruffs. Huuuuge, remarkable ruffs: Those ruffs stayed in memory. Also in the memory of the French photographer Sacha Goldberger who was inspired by the paintings hanging in his...
How Cindy Sherman Shaked The Art World With InstagramAugust 10, 2017
Couple of days ago, a private Instagram account run by famous photographer Cindy Sherman featuring a new series of selfies was made public. It created a sensation in the art world overnight. The account was created as private on...
Man Ray, Kiki With African MaskJuly 23, 2017
His name was Emmanuel Radnitsky, her name was Alice Prin, but we know them as Man Ray and Kiki. They were the heroes of Montparnasse in the Twenties. He was a painter and a photographer; she was his...
Watch How Inge Prader Brought Klimt’s Masterpieces To LifeJuly 21, 2017
Golden phase of Gustav Klimt’s art brought to this world one of the most characteristic pieces of art in history. In 2015, the photographer Inge Prader, on the occasion of the life ball in Vienna, the annual AIDS...
Watch Julianne Moore as Famous Works of ArtJuly 8, 2017
Photographing famous actresses as even more famous pieces of art seems to be a quite popular thing. Recently we have presented the article about Nicole Kidman staged as the heroines from Sargent’s portraits. Today it’s time for another redhead...
Picasso’s Beach Body, Baby and Capa’s CameraJune 30, 2017
Summer’s hooooooooot! I dream of going to the beach instead of studying for my exams so I’ve decided to take a short break and dive into the Mediterreanean sea together with a painter who just adored going to...
- Watch Kandinsky Drawing On A Rare Footage From 1926
- Legend of Proserpine by Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- All We Know About Cezanne’s Fruits
- So Bad That It’s Good: 5 Of The Worst Artworks Restorations!
- Six Ancient Greek Sculptures Everyone Should Know
- How To Tackle Art With Kids: Try Some Philosophy!
- Let’s Sing Praises to Song Dynasty Genius Artist Ma Yuan
- 7 Surprising Masterpieces From J. Paul Getty Museum That Will Blow Your Mind
- Frida Kahlo And The Symbolism In Her Art
- Selfie-feminism, the Sad Girl Theory and the Sad Girls of Instagram