All posts tagged "women"
Bodies And Erotic Art
Female Nude Codes in Painting From Giorgione’s Venus to Odalisques and OlympiasMay 5, 2020
Museums are filled with paintings of nude women. It is a very codified practice that has...
Painting of the Week: Artemisia Gentileschi, Self Portrait as Saint Catherine of AlexandriaMarch 24, 2019
Artemisia Gentileschi (1593 – c. 1656) was ‘one of the best Italian Baroque painters.’ Despite this, you...
- 11 Things You Might Not Know About Leonardo Da Vinci
- Edward Hopper’s Drawings That Will Blow Your Mind
- Here Be Medieval Dragons
- The Forgotten Couturier Elsa Schiaparelli: Surrealism, Art and Revolutionary Fashion
- HERE: Black in Rembrandt’s Time. Rembrandthuis Decolonizes
- Famous Autumn Paintings Created by Famous Artists
- Fifty Shades of Dr. Pozzi
- Autumn Atmosphere in the Paintings of Paul Klee
- Where Is Van Gogh’s Biggest Art Collection Outside of Amsterdam? In the Kröller-Müller Museum!
- Botero and His Characteristic Chubby Style: Boterism