Titian Revisited: Grand Old Man of the Renaissance or Dirty Old Man?April 24, 2021
Titian’s sensuous interpretation of Classical myths of love, temptation, and punishment came together for the first time in nearly 500 years, at the National Gallery in London in 2020. The exhibition Titian: Love, Desire, Death was open for...
Viennese Actionism: Between the Bestial and the SublimeApril 23, 2021
Naked bodies, violence, and destructive art. The term Viennese Actionism refers to a radical and explicit form of performance art that developed in the Austrian capital during the 1960s. Mainly consisting of four members which through their performances...
Does My Bum Look Big in This? The Female Body in ArtApril 22, 2021
From Kylie to the Kardashians, bums seem to be big news. But that’s not modern selfie culture – the female body, especially buttocks have been a symbol of fertility and beauty since early human history and this is...
Celebrating the Male Body in Renaissance FlorenceApril 21, 2021
The adoration of the male body was an inspiration for many artists and there is no medium better suited to presenting the full beauty and complexity of it than sculpture. Today we will take a look at works...
Body in the Art of David Hammons and Laura AguilarApril 21, 2021
David Hammons: Body Prints, 1968-1979, at The Drawing Center (closes May 23) and Laura Aguilar: Show and Tell at the Leslie-Lohman Museum of Art (closes June 27) are currently on view at institutions just steps away from each...
Body Positivity in Art: Paintings That Will Make You Feel Better About Your BodyApril 20, 2021
If you happen to feel negative about your body size, your weight, or your shape from time to time (or at all times, like me), then have a look at these paintings. They will hopefully show you that...
Mysterious Female Nude Statuettes of the Parthian EmpireApril 13, 2021
Several female nude statuettes have been unearthed from the subterranean landscape of ancient Iraq. Rendered in the Greco-Babylonian style, these sensual, stone beauties captivate all who lay eyes on them. Yet their true meaning remains a mystery, tied...
- 10 Times When Egon Schiele Mastered Hip Hop Hand Gestures
- How to Show Music in Paintings? Best Depictions of Music in Art
- 10 Female Artists Forgotten By Art History
- Painting of the Week: Claude Raguet Hirst, A Gentleman’s Table
- Mary Cassatt: The Story of the American Impressionist
- 10 Great Women Sculptors You Should Know
- The Masterpiece of the Week: Fallingwater by Frank Lloyd Wright
- The Top 10 Strange and Bizarre Paintings
- The Most Important Day! Wedding Inspiration in Art
- True Tips for a Happier Life from the Miniatures of Reza Abbasi