Stories By Maia Heguiaphal
Art State of Mind
Bed Stories. The Comfiest Genre Scenes in PaintingsMarch 13, 2020
When you think about it, most of the events throughout our lives take place in bed. From birth to death, beds are imbued with the ultimate expression of life: Love. Indeed, what is more intimate than...
Jane Poupelet: Bronze, Paper and Commitment in WWIFebruary 4, 2020
Jane Poupelet was a French sculptress and illustrator most known for her involvement in World War I. There were not many female artists at the time so Jane Poupelet had to really stand out to succeed....
Simon Hantaï: A Journey to AbstractionJanuary 7, 2020
Simon Hantaï was a Franco-Hungarian painter whose work is marked by a reflection on painting techniques. In an evolution that carried his art to abstraction he crossed path with several art movements (Surrealism in particular), techniques,...
Painting of the Week: Edvard Munch, MadonnaOctober 27, 2019
The Norwegian painter Edvard Munch realized the colored lithograph Madonna in 1895. He is considered the head of Expressionism, therefore his Madonna is imbued with its characteristics. Expressionism, born in the early 20th century, expresses a...
Tina Modotti. A Woman of Her TimeSeptember 18, 2019
Tina Modotti is a photographer whose path parallels the great moments of 20th-century history. Her way of making art is a testimony to the world around her and her eye on it. Emigration to the States...
When Romanticism Meets Eruptions: Volcanoes in PaintingsSeptember 13, 2019
Active volcanoes are great places to visit, but the danger of a potential eruption is always there. When some of them erupted with artists as viewers, it led to spectacular paintings. Those demonstrations of the power...
- 10 Most Scandalous Nudes in Art (NSFW)
- 10 Best Movies Related to Art for Time Spent in Quarantine
- 10 Art Masterpieces to Calm Your Anxiety
- Japanese Woodblock Prints Ukiyo-e With Snow And Winter
- Mary Cassatt’s Feminist Mural Which Has Gone Lost
- The Best Art Videos for the Age of Quarantine
- 10 Female Artists Forgotten By Art History
- The Best of the Best Museums to Visit Virtually on Lockdown (Constantly Updated)
- Titian’s Metamorphoses
- 15 Artsy Books to Read During Self-Quarantine