Stories By Maia Heguiaphal
Painting of the Week: Edvard Munch, MadonnaOctober 27, 2019
The Norwegian painter Edvard Munch realized the colored lithograph Madonna in 1895. He is considered the head of Expressionism, therefore his Madonna is imbued with its characteristics. Expressionism, born in the early 20th century, expresses a...
Tina Modotti. A Woman of Her TimeSeptember 18, 2019
Tina Modotti is a photographer whose path parallels the great moments of 20th-century history. Her way of making art is a testimony to the world around her and her eye on it. Emigration to the States...
When Romanticism Meets Eruptions: Volcanoes in PaintingsSeptember 13, 2019
Active volcanoes are great places to visit, but the danger of a potential eruption is always there. When some of them erupted with artists as viewers, it led to spectacular paintings. Those demonstrations of the power...
- Edvard Munch’s Summer Nights
- The Flying Lovers, Bella and Marc Chagall
- Lakshmi in Art. The Goddess of Wealth
- Big Mr Sunshine: Portraits of Louis XIV
- Everything You Must Know About Suprematism and Kazimir Malevich
- 10 Most Scandalous Nudes in Art (NSFW)
- Five Cool Modern And Contemporary Artworks In The Stedelijk Museum Collection
- 5 Fleshy Sculptures That Could Come To Life
- Few Comments On Courbet’s Origin of the World
- 4 Artists Who Suffered Mental Illness (And How It Affected Their Art)