Botero and His Characteristic Chubby Style: BoterismSeptember 23, 2020
Colombian artist, Fernando Botero, demonstrates how differently we can all view the same object. Although, Botero is known for creating thick fat looking figures in his art, he argues that his intention isn’t to represent weighty figures. Instead,...
Luchita Hurtado: Art and Life Over a CenturySeptember 6, 2020
Luchita Hurtado (November 28, 1920 – August 13, 2020) was an artist, photographer, poet, environmentalist, activist, feminist, fashion designer, and so much more over the course of a lifetime that spanned a century. Hurtado was born in Venezuela....
Photos of Famous Artists When They Were KidsJune 5, 2020
Sometimes it is hard to remember that famous artists were also children at one time, just like all of us. We have selected six of them for you to see how cute they were and to learn a...
Violeta Parra, First Latin American in the LouvreMay 7, 2020
In April 1964 the Museum of Decorative Arts in Paris hosted an extraordinary exhibition which went down in history as the first solo show of a Latin-American artist that the Louvre had ever witnessed. The artist was a...
The Art of Antonio Berni: Through Many Styles, One Timeless MessageApril 6, 2020
A Young Artist and the Birth of Nuevo Realismo While Che Guevara may have been the most famous revolutionary to be born in Rosario, Argentina, the city was also the birthplace of Antonio Berni. Born in 1905, Berni...
Painting of the Week: Francisco Toledo, FrogNovember 24, 2019
This is an unusual watercolor diptych by the late Mexican artist Francisco Toledo, who died this year. The work encompasses two totally opposite scenes; the sensual and intimate painting on the left hand side called Sapo con tortuga...
La Calavera Catrina. A Skeleton LadyOctober 28, 2019
We all know Coco, a Pixar animation about a boy who dreams of becoming a musician, so he enters a talent contest, suddenly disappears from this world and finds himself in the after life, among the dead. It...
- Léon Spilliaert: The Longing Behind the Symbolism
- Kiyohara Yukinobu: Sublime Female Painter of the Kano School
- Stendhal Syndrome – The Art Fans Sickness
- Everything You Must Know About Suprematism and Kazimir Malevich
- DailyArt Magazine Turns Four! Our Impressions of the Impressionists
- Visit in Madrid or Online: The Thyssen-Bornemisza National Museum
- The Art Of Thanksgiving By Norman Rockwell
- Six Ancient Greek Sculptures Everyone Should Know
- The Best Autumn Foods in Still-Life Paintings
- 8 Paintings For Thanksgiving That Will Warm Your Heart