Stories By Anthony Royer
Beautiful and Beach-Ready: Botero at HomeAugust 13, 2019
Botero’s works are probably among the most recognisable in art history. It is enough to look once at one of his plump, “voluminous” characters and objects to recognise in any other work the style of this...
Discover South American Art in MALI, LimaApril 25, 2019
Welcome to the largest art museum in Peru: The Museo de Arte de Lima, aptly named MALI. It was opened in 1961 and presents around 1,200 works, arranged into four eras: Pre-columbian, Colonial, Republican and Modern/Contemporary....
- 7 Things You Didn’t Know About Primavera by Botticelli
- Coffee, Tea, Beer… Drinks in Art for All Tastes!
- Here Comes the Sun… Sunrises for Hope in Art
- Ardhanarishvara – Androgynous Portrayal of Shiva and Parvati
- Lesbian Love and Sex in Art History
- 10 Cocktails Inspired by Art for Artsy Drinking
- Artists’ Beloved Travel Destinations as Seen Through Their Art
- Great Artists’ Dachshund Muses
- A Capri Romance: John Singer Sargent and Rosina Fererra
- The Dystopian Surrealism of Zdzislaw Beksinski