Representation vs Reality: Artists Portrayed in Midnight in Paris. Part 2October 16, 2019
Once upon a time, Part 1 to this piece was written. Given that the year is coming to a close in a few short months, it seemed pertinent to continue the discussion on how Woody Allen and his...
Through Scissors and Shadows: The Art and Films of Lotte ReinigerAugust 31, 2019
Late one night while struggling with a bit of insomnia, I was channel surfing. I came across a stunning and hypnotic, silent, animated film that was so enthralling, I easily stayed awake to finish it. The film was...
The Innocents of Florence. A New Documentary by Davide BattistellaMay 17, 2019
A 600-year-old painting leads two art conservators in Florence on a journey that sheds light on the story of the hundreds of thousands of children who were abandoned, and the women who saved them. The Innocents of Florence, the new...
Representation vs Reality: Artists Portrayed in Midnight in Paris. Part IJanuary 3, 2019
In Woody Allen’s 2011 Midnight in Paris, Owen Wilson plays a nostalgic screenwriter who somehow finds himself transported back in time to 1920s Paris… a time period which Owen’s character, Gil Pender, deems a “golden age of thinking.”...
ALL Art In BoJack Horseman We Could Find Gathered In One Place (5th Season Update)September 13, 2018
We love it when pop culture is adopting, using and remixing art history, especially when that mixture includes a T.V. show. If you’re a BoJack Horseman fan and an art aficionado, you’re going to love this article. (For...
‘The Divine Sarah’ – Sarah Bernhardt, The First Artist SuperstarJune 9, 2018
While we are all familiar with celebrity culture and can recognise all of the Kardashians from their silhouettes, the idea of ‘celebrity’ is not a new one. In the 19th century, a notorious French actress, who became known...
- Few Comments On Courbet’s Origin of the World
- The Dreaming Youths: A Children’s Book That Parents Would Hide From Their Kids
- 11 Things You Might Not Know About Leonardo Da Vinci
- A Glimpse of Maritime Life in the Past in 7 Artworks
- Made for Reflection: Yayoi Kusama’s Narcissus Garden
- Kandinsky’s Inspiration? Nature, Spirituality and Other Artists
- Rembrandt’s Light—Dulwich Picture Gallery
- Painting of the Week: Mary Cassatt, Little Girl in a Blue Armchair
- 10 Most Scandalous Nudes in Art (NSFW)
- 4 Artists Who Suffered Mental Illness (And How It Affected Their Art)