‘The Divine Sarah’ – Sarah Bernhardt, The First Artist SuperstarJune 9, 2018
While we are all familiar with celebrity culture and can recognise all of the Kardashians from their silhouettes, the idea of ‘celebrity’ is not a new one. In the 19th century, a notorious French actress, who became known...
Pictures On My Wall – The Art Of Polish Film PostersMay 29, 2018
The emergence of the poster as a fresh, creative medium was a timely episode in an unfolding age of consumer expendability. In an era of conveyor belt duplication, the twentieth century became an epoch dominated by advertising imagery. During...
The Actor Who Will Play Pablo Picasso Revealed – Yes, You Will Be SurprisedSeptember 11, 2017
National Geographic announced that Antonio Banderas will star as Pablo Picasso in the second season of its TV drama Genius, which will focus on the life of the towering Spanish artist. The 10-episode drama will go into production...
Pieter Bruegel the Elder, The Hunters in the Snow in MoviesDecember 30, 2016
The Hunters in the Snow by Pieter Bruegel the Elder are in the medieval and early Renaissance tradition of the Labours of the Months: depictions of various rural activities and work understood by a spectator in Breugel’s time...
The Best Star Wars And Classic Art MashupsJuly 16, 2016
It is fascinating how people combine two products of culture that are so different – classic art and Star Wars. Here you will find the best (in our opinion) Star Wars and art mashups – and The Force is...
- Evoking The Genius Of Brancusi At The Museum Of Modern Art In New York
- 10 Most Scandalous Nudes in Art (NSFW)
- Tarsila do Amaral: Joy Is the Decisive Test
- Six Ancient Greek Sculptures Everyone Should Know
- It’s Not Always What It Seems: The Fabulous Inventions of Panamarenko
- Lee Krasner and the Art of Starting Over
- Painting of the Week: Masaccio, The Tribute Money
- 4 Artists Who Suffered Mental Illness (And How It Affected Their Art)
- Greek Mythological Creatures That Combine Female Beauty And Beastly Ugliness
- Black Is Beautiful: Kwame Brathwaite at the Skirball Center