MAY THE 4TH BE WITH YOU—Archetypes in Star Wars and ArtMay 4, 2020
Today is Star Wars Day. The first documented use of the phrase “May the 4th be with you” came from Margaret Thatcher’s political party, to congratulate her on her victory in the 1979 election. The first official celebration...
The Goldfinch: Singing Across TimeApril 8, 2020
See the lonely little bird, trapped in a situation over which it has no control. Chained, isolated. Sound familiar? In these strange times we need even stranger stories. Read on about the goldfinch. When I say The Goldfinch,...
Luncheon of the Boating Party in the Movie AmélieApril 3, 2020
The Best of all partnerships is the one between the Arts. Among so many worthy examples, we would like to tell you about the painting Luncheon of the Boating Party, by Pierre-Auguste Renoir, and the movie Amélie. A...
10 Best Movies Related to Art for Time Spent in QuarantineMarch 24, 2020
This is clearly a difficult time for humanity. Coronavirus has been declared a pandemic and people are advised to stay at home and eliminate physical interaction as much as possible. So, what do we do to pass the...
Duchamp: The Art of the Possible – Interview with Francis M. NaumannMarch 10, 2020
Great news for our readers and art lovers: Duchamp: The Art of the Possible, a movie directed by Matthew Taylor and produced by Michelle Taylor, is available on iTunes and Amazon on March 10th! As well as being...
Art in The Crown: Spies, Secrets and The Royal Art CollectionNovember 25, 2019
The Crown is not amused… There’s a scandal brewing behind the doors of Buckingham Palace. Let’s investigate art in The Crown, season 3. If you’re anything like me, the moment that Netflix released the newest installment of their...
- The Scandalous Nudes of Gustave Courbet
- The Story of Vincent van Gogh’s Bedroom And Its Three Versions
- Where is the Queen? Black Women in Western Art
- Art on the Verge of Eroticism and Pathology by Egon Schiele
- Blue Like Me: The Art of Siona Benjamin
- Symbolism In Victorian Art
- 5 Greatest Baroque Painters And Their Work
- Egon Schiele, Edith with Striped Dress, Sitting
- Hieronymus Bosch’s Creepy Owls
- 10 Most Scandalous Nudes in Art (NSFW)