18th Century Aristocratic Marriage Like in the Bridgerton SeriesFebruary 18, 2021
Three Ladies Adorning a Term of Hymen is a huge triple portrait of the Montgomery sisters by Sir Joshua Reynolds. It thematizes aristocratic marriage and uses classical elements to allegorize the portrait. Exactly this type of marriage is...
Smolyanki: The Nymphs of Russian EnlightenmentFebruary 8, 2021
The Russian empress Catherine the Great aspired to Enlightenment ideas that propagate human intellectual power. Numerous tracts, essays, and books of French philosophers formed an image of a perfect state and society in Catherine’s mind. Thus, the empress...
Élisabeth Vigée-Lebrun and the Amazing Women in Her PortraitsFebruary 6, 2021
Élisabeth Vigée-Lebrun and the women in her portraits is a famous reference to every art-lover. The French painter – also known as Madame Lebrun – is considered to have placed her style somewhere between that of a Rococo...
How to Look Great: Rococo Women Beauty GuideFebruary 4, 2021
How to look great? That is the question! Let’s refer to the most splendid and opulent period of history: the 18th century. The Enlightenment era was likely the first feminist wave because of the powerful women who came...
Everything You Need to Know About Venetian Rococo ArtFebruary 4, 2021
Venetian Rococo was an integral part of the 18th-century art-life. The period in Italian history and culture lasting from 1700 to 1799 is called as Settecento. Many great artworks were made during this time. One of the most...
The Largest Ceiling Fresco in the World: Giambattista Tiepolo in Würzburger ResidenzFebruary 3, 2021
Giambattista Tiepolo brought Venice back to the artistic spotlight in the 18th century. Without a doubt, the crowning achievement of Tiepolo’s career are the frescoes in Würzburger Residenz, a palace in Bavaria, in southern Germany. This is the...
These 4 Cutest Joshua Reynolds’ Children Will Make You Miss ChildhoodFebruary 2, 2021
Sir Joshua Reynolds, the first president of the British Royal Academy founded in 1768, was an exemplary painter. Having traveled to Italy on his Grand Tour, he had an opportunity to study the Great Masters and the ancient...
- Mothers in Art: DailyArt’s Celebration of Mother’s Day
- Aubrey Beardsley: Sharp Blacks and Whites of the Victorian Era
- The Stunning Botanical Art of Barbara Regina Dietzsch
- 5 Swedish Pioneering Female Photographers You Should Get to Know
- Artemisia Gentileschi: The Rape Survivor And Her Revenge
- Wronged Royal Wives – British Scandal and Heartbreak Through the Centuries
- Janet Sobel: the Forgotten Female Artist Who Influenced Jackson Pollock
- Six Wives Of Henry VIII in Portraits
- Zdzisław Beksiński’s Passion for Music
- May the 4th Be with You—Archetypes in Star Wars and Art