Stories By Kateryna Martynova
Negligee Fashion: Top 5 Gorgeous Homewear Outfits in ArtMay 8, 2020
Due to quarantine, homewear fashion is popular once again. But don’t think that boudoir fashion was unpopular before this. As art shows, from the second part of the mid 18th century, negligee fashion becomes mainstream! Because...
Roman Holidays: Italian Landscapes Through the Eyes of Russian ArtistsApril 23, 2020
It is well known that Italy is a motherland of world masterpieces. Renaissance paintings, baroque architecture and Italian opera are the children of Italy. From the first decades of the 18th-century, the Russian emperor, Peter the...
Art State of Mind
How to Look Great: Rococo Women Beauty GuideMarch 28, 2020
How to look great? That is the question! Let’s refer to the most splendid and opulent period of history: the 18th century. The Enlightenment era was likely the first feminist wave because of the powerful women...
Taras Shevchenko: A Ukrainian Liberty IdolMarch 16, 2020
Taras Shevchenko was an outstanding Ukrainian artist and poet. Born to peasant family, he became a Ukrainian liberty idol and national, artistic hero. His artworks reflect critical problems of a 19th-century Ukrainian society. Yet today, his...
Lady in Blue: Yelizaveta Martynova, Ill-Fated Russian Female ArtistMarch 6, 2020
Can you name some female artists, and from Russia in particular? It’s difficult even for those who are really into art. This article tells the story of one of four women who entered the Imperial Academy...
- The Scandalous Nudes of Gustave Courbet
- The Story of Vincent van Gogh’s Bedroom And Its Three Versions
- Where is the Queen? Black Women in Western Art
- Blue Like Me: The Art of Siona Benjamin
- Symbolism In Victorian Art
- 5 Greatest Baroque Painters And Their Work
- Hieronymus Bosch’s Creepy Owls
- 10 Most Scandalous Nudes in Art (NSFW)
- Painting of the Week: Vincent Van Gogh, Almond Blossom
- Plague in Art: 10 Paintings You Should Know in the Times of Coronavirus