The Anti-Painting of Joan MiróSeptember 28, 2019
Joan Miró is an artist very difficult to categorize. In general, he is considered to be a surrealist. However, his works show a great diversity that goes beyond Surrealism, Dadaism and Fauvism. Some pieces remind us of childish...
Carnivalesque Man Ray and His MasksJanuary 29, 2019
Since the carnival is officially on, I thought of writing an article about masks. The first artist that comes to mind if one says ‘masks’ is James Ensor, so if you feel like reading about eerie atmosphere and...
Free as a Bird – Max Ernst, Lop Lop and The Art of ChanceMay 4, 2018
The unconscious mind can serve as a revealing personal landscape. Feeding our dreams, shaping our personalities and informing our behaviour; the hidden aspects of the self ultimately determine the waking other. Surrealism was the moment when the mind...
Listen To What Is Dada According To Hans ArpAugust 18, 2017
Voices of Dada is part of popular series of archive audio CDs exploring 20th century avant-garde and modern art. The album features interviews and phonetic poetry by six leading figures from the Dada movement, active between 1916 and...
Watch One Of The First Dadaist Films by Man RayJune 22, 2017
Man Ray was an American visual artist who spent most of his career in France. He was a significant contributor to the Dada and Surrealist movements, although his ties to each were informal. He produced major works in...
Four "Readymades" Of Marcel Duchamp You Should KnowOctober 28, 2016
Henri-Robert-Marcel Duchamp was a French, naturalized American painter, sculptor, chess player and writer whose work is associated with Cubism, conceptual art and Dada. Duchamp was famous of weird, often sarcastic or funny pieces of art. Can a Bottle-Rack, or...
- 10 Facts about The Last Supper by Leonardo You Should Know
- Top 5 Zeus’ Lovers and Their Crazy Stories
- Lockdown Artsy Entertainment Toolkit
- See a Man About a Dog. Dogs in Paintings
- This Post Is Only About Cheese. In Painting
- Plague in Art: 10 Paintings You Should Know in the Times of Coronavirus
- 10 Most Scandalous Nudes in Art (NSFW)
- Brief Story of Claude Monet’s Garden in Giverny
- Mushroom Picking? The Tastiest Mushroom Art
- The Countryside in Art: from Idyllic Scenes to Social Issues