Duchamp: The Art of the Possible – Interview with Francis M. NaumannMarch 10, 2020
Great news for our readers and art lovers: Duchamp: The Art of the Possible, a movie directed by Matthew Taylor and produced by Michelle Taylor, is available on iTunes and Amazon on March 10th! As well as being...
Max Ernst’s Collaged MemoriesDecember 20, 2019
Long time no see, it feels like home to be back at DailyArt! As Christmas approaches I finally have time to write for DailyArt Magazine again. To kick off the season of lights floating in the air with...
Painting of the Week: Is La Joconde L.H.O.O.Q?October 20, 2019
The Painting of the Week, La Joconde, is all about codes, reversals, play with conventions and provocation. In other words, it’s an epitome of Dada and Marcel Duchamp‘s entire oeuvre. Mona Lisa vs Dada We all did it...
The Anti-Painting of Joan MiróSeptember 28, 2019
Joan Miró is an artist very difficult to categorize. In general, he is considered to be a surrealist. However, his works show a great diversity that goes beyond Surrealism, Dadaism and Fauvism. Some pieces remind us of childish...
Carnivalesque Man Ray and His MasksJanuary 29, 2019
Since the carnival is officially on, I thought of writing an article about masks. The first artist that comes to mind if one says ‘masks’ is James Ensor, so if you feel like reading about eerie atmosphere and...
Free as a Bird – Max Ernst, Lop Lop and the Art of ChanceMay 4, 2018
The unconscious mind can serve as a revealing personal landscape. Feeding our dreams, shaping our personalities and informing our behaviour; the hidden aspects of the self ultimately determine the waking other. Surrealism was the moment when the mind...
Listen To What Is Dada According To Hans ArpAugust 18, 2017
Voices of Dada is part of popular series of archive audio CDs exploring 20th century avant-garde and modern art. The album features interviews and phonetic poetry by six leading figures from the Dada movement, active between 1916 and...
- Coffee, Tea, Beer… Drinks in Art for All Tastes!
- Here Comes the Sun… Sunrises for Hope in Art
- The Orientalism of Eugène Delacroix – Beware of the Colors!
- Ardhanarishvara – Androgynous Portrayal of Shiva and Parvati
- Lesbian Love and Sex in Art History
- 10 Best Portraits Of Édouard Manet
- 10 Cocktails Inspired by Art for Artsy Drinking
- Great Artists’ Dachshund Muses
- Artists’ Beloved Travel Destinations as Seen Through Their Art
- Pink Unicorns, Cowboys and Candy Clouds: Welcome to Will Cotton’s Own Wild West