It’s too Hot to Move – Paintings for the HeatwaveJuly 2, 2019
As the heatwave rolls across Europe, it is certainly becoming too hot to move. And when we’re not moving, nothing is more pleasant than to lie down. So, limit all your activity, lie down comfortably and take a...
Visit Eugène Delacroix Exhibition At The Louvre With Mr. BacchusMay 11, 2018
Eugène Delacroix (1798-1863) The early 19th century is a period when France is going through historical changes on all fronts. The anger of the people roars, the streets of Paris tremble and bleed, the Arts are transforming, and...
Visit Parisian Landmarks In These Ten Gorgeous PaintingsDecember 1, 2017
If you’ve ever been to Paris, you know that there’s nothing like seeing the city in person. However, that’s no reason not to get a taste of it with some help from great artists. So, let’s look at ten...
Constance Marie Charpentier – The Great ForgottenJune 5, 2017
Who was she? Constance Marie Charpentier (1767 – 1849) was a French painter. You have never heard of her? That’s nothing weird, she is one of plenty female artist forgotten by art history (about some of them you...
Henry Ossawa Tanner – African-American Artistic PioneerApril 11, 2017
Henry Ossawa Tanner (1859-1937), the first African-American to become an internationally successful artist, was known for his beautiful religious paintings and scenes of African-American life. He is often compared to Old Masters such as Rembrandt and Caravaggio because...
Naked Truth About Academic ArtOctober 1, 2016
Academicism was a dominant style in European sculpture and painting in the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries. It was called so because it was dictated by the French Academy of Art, Académie des Beaux-Arts, which was probably the most...
- The Scandalous Nudes of Gustave Courbet
- The Story of Vincent van Gogh’s Bedroom And Its Three Versions
- Where is the Queen? Black Women in Western Art
- Art on the Verge of Eroticism and Pathology by Egon Schiele
- Symbolism In Victorian Art
- 5 Greatest Baroque Painters And Their Work
- Egon Schiele, Edith with Striped Dress, Sitting
- 10 Most Scandalous Nudes in Art (NSFW)
- Plague in Art: 10 Paintings You Should Know in the Times of Coronavirus
- The Art of Adolf Hitler: Idyllic Paintings of a Monster