Stories By Nataliia Pecherska
Artists and Paintings. Everything You Need to Know About ImpressionismJuly 27, 2020
Impressionism has become one of the most significant movements of modern art. The names of Claude Monet, Auguste Renoir, or Edgar Degas are well-known, perhaps, even by those who are not very interested in art. There...
Viktor Zaretsky: The Oeuvre of the Ukrainian Gustav KlimtMay 28, 2020
Viktor Zaretsky is often called the Ukrainian Gustav Klimt. In fact, the influence of Klimt on the artworks of this Ukrainian artist is quite obvious. However, this does not mean that he just copied the works...
Alla Horska. Die HardMay 2, 2020
Ukrainian artist Alla Horska created dozens of amazing mosaics and paintings while actively fighting with the crimes of the Soviet authorities against the intelligentsia. For this reason, she has often been called the soul of the...
Zoya Lerman, a Ukrainian Non-Conformist ArtistMarch 28, 2020
Artist Zoya Lerman is an unusual representative of Ukrainian non-conformism in painting. Despite the dominance of social realism, she was able to assert her artistic voice and the right to create her unique world of sensuality...
Art on the Verge of Eroticism and Pathology by Egon SchieleFebruary 28, 2020
The provocative artworks of the Austrian expressionist Egon Schiele are not just about exploring the sexuality of women’s and men’s bodies. The artist also expresses inner experiences through the pathological body. These two aspects of the...
- The Pre-Raphaelites and the Wombat
- Mothers in Art: DailyArt’s Celebration of Mother’s Day
- Giovanna Garzoni – A Baroque Painter Inspires an Art Challenge
- Six Exquisite Mother-of-Pearl Artifacts from Gujarat
- 5 Artists Who Likely Suffered From Syphilis
- Punk in Art: Steampunk, Dieselpunk, and Cyberpunk
- Painting of the Week: Henri Rousseau, The Football Players
- Four Women Impressionists You Shouldn’t Forget
- The Dreamlike, Queer Femme Paintings of Marie Laurencin
- Timeless Beauty: Ancient Greek Athletes in Art