Chinese New Year – the Art of CelebrationJanuary 25, 2020
Imagine a household celebrating the Chinese New Year where children share a home and joyfully play together. They have different kinds of toys to play with; two children play with a puppet hanging from a pole, like out...
The Growing Terracotta ArmyJanuary 22, 2020
When people mention the terracotta army, the first thing that comes to mind is the phrase “the eighth wonder of the world”. It is a symbol of China’s thousands of years of culture. The First Emperor’s terracotta army...
Chinese Traditional Painting: Interesting StoriesJanuary 2, 2020
Traditional Chinese paintings are known for their distinctive style. When did Chinese painting begin and how to read it? What did it mean for the artists? Did they simply respond to and try to capture the world around...
A Feeling of Nostalgia: Art by Fu WenjunJune 8, 2019
For centuries, China was one of the greatest and wealthiest civilizations, and perhaps it is now returning to its historical position. Artist Fu Wenjun witnessed the recent rapid changes and that’s why his art is positioned on the...
Contemporary Art. Made in ChinaMay 20, 2019
Chinese art is booming. The country has been experiencing a major economic uplift for more than a decade and you can feel that in the art world too. China has more artists than ever, and they claim that...
Hail Luo Ping! 18th Century Visionary Painter And PoetJuly 25, 2018
Luo Ping, Freud’s Godfather, proclaims, ‘kill or be killed’ … but of course Luo Ping’s subtler than this, he only suggests what’s in his ‘unconscious’ mind. Freud uncovered our powerful unconscious instincts about: life and death; love and...
Garlands of Greatness for the Astonishing 20th Century Chinese Artist Zhang DaqianJune 20, 2018
Zhang Daqian is considered the greatest Chinese artist in the last 500 years. If this is true, then what in fact makes Zhang Daqian so important? This short introduction can only sketch a brief outline of the artist’s...
- Léon Spilliaert: The Longing Behind the Symbolism
- Kiyohara Yukinobu: Sublime Female Painter of the Kano School
- Stendhal Syndrome – The Art Fans Sickness
- Everything You Must Know About Suprematism and Kazimir Malevich
- DailyArt Magazine Turns Four! Our Impressions of the Impressionists
- Visit in Madrid or Online: The Thyssen-Bornemisza National Museum
- The Art Of Thanksgiving By Norman Rockwell
- Six Ancient Greek Sculptures Everyone Should Know
- The Best Autumn Foods in Still-Life Paintings
- Native American Art from Donald Ellis Gallery at the Frieze Viewing Room