Garlands of Greatness for the Astonishing 20th Century Chinese Artist Zhang DaqianJune 20, 2018
Zhang Daqian is considered the greatest Chinese artist in the last 500 years. If this is true, then what in fact makes Zhang Daqian so important? This short introduction can only sketch a brief outline of the artist’s...
Qi Baishi, China’s Master of the Ordinary in an Extraordinary WayMay 26, 2018
Qi Baishi, is probably the most unlikely person to become one of the highest valued artists in the world, right next to Andy Warhol and Picasso, but he is. It’s been sixty-one years since his death in 1957...
Let’s Sing Praises to Song Dynasty Genius Artist Ma YuanApril 18, 2018
There’s more to the paintings of Ma Yuan than meets the eye. Ma Yuan, (1160-1225) was a Southern Song Dynasty, Chinese painter from an illustrious family of academy artists. He lived during a cultural zenith when Chinese achievements...
Meet Kun Can – Chinese Artist, One Of The “Four Great Monk Painters”March 29, 2018
A Chinese painter and Buddhist monk who lived 1612-1674, Kun Can was known as one of the ‘Four Great Monk Painters’ of the early Qing Dynasty. As a youth Kun Can studied the classics and prepared himself for...
- The Black And White World Of Felix Vallotton’s Prints
- Kandinsky’s World of Russian Fairy Tales
- Autumn Moon In Japanese Woodblock Prints
- The Hudson River School: Celebrating Nature, American-Style
- When Romanticism Meets Eruptions: Volcanoes in Paintings
- The Best of Leda And A Swan Paintings
- Painting of the Week: Giotto, Ognissanti Madonna
- Six Ancient Greek Sculptures Everyone Should Know
- 10 Most Scandalous Nudes in Art (NSFW)
- Open to Influences – Arthur Hacker and his Mary with Many Qualities