Pentelic Splendour: The Erechtheion CaryatidsJune 3, 2019
I visited Athens, Greece in the summer of 2016. Naturally a visit to the Acropolis was mandatory, and it was as beautiful and epic as you can imagine. One of the most striking sights was the six Caryatids...
Sacred Signs – Prehistoric SculptureApril 9, 2019
It seems that forming figurative shapes out of natural materials has always been with us. As humans developed, a bigger, more sophisticated brain allowed for more processing power and higher functions such as language and creative expression. Prehistoric...
Jewelry in Ancient Greece: Hellenistic Period PiecesApril 3, 2019
When approaching art or the history related to it, certain questions arise. Such as the who what when where and significance of the object of work of art in question. I think that with jewelry, the questions center...
The Ancient Greek Kouros and KoreJanuary 14, 2019
Classical Greek statues depicting male and female bodies are iconic, legendary and set the standards for numerous artists and art movements to come. Preceding the Classical Era, was the Archaic (7th-5th c. BCE) during which statues of young...
Blues of Bablyon: The Ishtar GateDecember 7, 2018
Babylon, the ancient Mesopotamian city (modern day Iraq) existed from 18th century to 6th century BCE. Since that time its legend has generated many myths – the Hanging Gardens, the Tower of Babel, and biblical interpretations added to...
The A to Z of Ancient Greek Pottery Terms Pt 2October 25, 2018
And so the saga continues in our adventures of learning about Ancient Greek pottery! You will probably have noticed that I chose to skip a few letters of the alphabet in this article and the previous one on...
Egypt and Berlin’s Icon: The Bust of Queen NefertitiOctober 16, 2018
The bust of Queen Nefertiti housed in Berlin’s Neues Museum is one of Ancient Egypt’s most famous works of art. A prime example of ancient artistry, this icon has been called “the most beautiful woman in the world”....
- Everything You Should Know About Orientalism
- How Many Paintings From Louvre Shown On This Video Can You Recognize?
- Top 7 Summer Destinations (From Art)
- Welcome to the Wonderful Circus of Dame Laura Knight!
- ALL Louvre Masterpieces From Beyonce & Jay-Z’s ‘APES**T’ Video Explained
- Representation vs Reality: Artists Portrayed in Midnight in Paris. Part I
- Abstraction In Creation – Watch Gerhard Richter At Work
- 10 Most Scandalous Nudes in Art (NSFW)
- 15 Must-See Art Exhibitions in 2020
- Pablo Picasso And His Women