Painting of the Week: Eduardo Paolozzi, I was a Rich Man’s PlaythingJune 16, 2019
Eduardo Paolozzi’s 1947 collage I was a Rich Man’s Plaything, which can be seen in the Tate Modern in London, was one of the first works of Pop Art and even contains the word ‘POP!’ Eduardo Paolozzi was...
Corita Kent: The pop art nunJanuary 31, 2019
Corita Kent was an artist, an educator, and a Roman Catholic nun. She created bold, colourful pop art posters to confront social injustice. Poverty, racism and war were all the target of Kent’s exuberant artwork. She felt her...
Michelangelo, A New Pop IconAugust 17, 2018
We’ve seen photographs of presidents, spiritual leaders, actors, celebrities, or models all turned into Pop Art pieces, so in other words into works of art (although some question their artistic value) by Andy Warhol. As much as Warhol...
Two Worlds Collide: Pop Art and the Cuban RevolutionApril 10, 2018
Pop Art Comes to Cuba Raúl Martínez was born in the central Cuban city of Ciego de Ávila in 1927. Before the Revolution, he had the opportunity to work and exhibit his early paintings in Europe and the United States,...
Jeff Koons And His Balloon DogsJanuary 21, 2018
On this day in 1955 one of the most controversial artists of 20th century was born. Jeff Koons is the artist who blended the concerns and methods of Pop, Conceptual, and appropriation art with craft-making and popular culture...
The Story of Velvet Underground & Nico Andy Warhol CoverJanuary 3, 2018
Today we will be talking about Andy Warhol and his famous banana cover of The Velvet Underground & Nico debut album by the Velvet Underground. Released in March 1967 the album was recorded in 1966 while the band...
Why Did Andy Warhol Love Christmas?December 19, 2017
Who would guess that Andy Warhol, one of the most decadent artists of the 20th century, the owner of the controversial Factory leading a scandalous life, loved Christmas? Well, he did. A loooot. Warhol’s parents came from the...
- The Black And White World Of Felix Vallotton’s Prints
- Kandinsky’s World of Russian Fairy Tales
- Autumn Moon In Japanese Woodblock Prints
- The Hudson River School: Celebrating Nature, American-Style
- When Romanticism Meets Eruptions: Volcanoes in Paintings
- The Best of Leda And A Swan Paintings
- Painting of the Week: Giotto, Ognissanti Madonna
- Six Ancient Greek Sculptures Everyone Should Know
- 10 Most Scandalous Nudes in Art (NSFW)
- Open to Influences – Arthur Hacker and his Mary with Many Qualities