Roy Lichtenstein Multiple Visions at MUDECJune 24, 2019
“Everyone knows me for comics and dots” Lichtenstein once said to Gianni Mercurio, the curator of Roy Lichtenstein Multiple Visions. For sure Roy Lichtenstein is known as one of the most important figures in 20th century art and...
Painting of the Week: Eduardo Paolozzi, I was a Rich Man’s PlaythingJune 16, 2019
Eduardo Paolozzi’s 1947 collage I was a Rich Man’s Plaything, which can be seen in the Tate Modern in London, was one of the first works of Pop Art and even contains the word ‘POP!’ Eduardo Paolozzi was...
Corita Kent: The pop art nunJanuary 31, 2019
Corita Kent was an artist, an educator, and a Roman Catholic nun. She created bold, colourful pop art posters to confront social injustice. Poverty, racism and war were all the target of Kent’s exuberant artwork. She felt her...
Michelangelo, A New Pop IconAugust 17, 2018
We’ve seen photographs of presidents, spiritual leaders, actors, celebrities, or models all turned into Pop Art pieces, so in other words into works of art (although some question their artistic value) by Andy Warhol. As much as Warhol...
Two Worlds Collide: Pop Art and the Cuban RevolutionApril 10, 2018
Pop Art Comes to Cuba Raúl Martínez was born in the central Cuban city of Ciego de Ávila in 1927. Before the Revolution, he had the opportunity to work and exhibit his early paintings in Europe and the United States,...
Jeff Koons And His Balloon DogsJanuary 21, 2018
On this day in 1955 one of the most controversial artists of 20th century was born. Jeff Koons is the artist who blended the concerns and methods of Pop, Conceptual, and appropriation art with craft-making and popular culture...
The Story of Velvet Underground & Nico Andy Warhol CoverJanuary 3, 2018
Today we will be talking about Andy Warhol and his famous banana cover of The Velvet Underground & Nico debut album by the Velvet Underground. Released in March 1967 the album was recorded in 1966 while the band...
- Few Comments On Courbet’s Origin of the World
- The Dreaming Youths: A Children’s Book That Parents Would Hide From Their Kids
- 11 Things You Might Not Know About Leonardo Da Vinci
- A Glimpse of Maritime Life in the Past in 7 Artworks
- Kandinsky’s Inspiration? Nature, Spirituality and Other Artists
- Made for Reflection: Yayoi Kusama’s Narcissus Garden
- Rembrandt’s Light—Dulwich Picture Gallery
- Painting of the Week: Mary Cassatt, Little Girl in a Blue Armchair
- 10 Most Scandalous Nudes in Art (NSFW)
- 4 Artists Who Suffered Mental Illness (And How It Affected Their Art)