The Caganer: A Christmas TraditionDecember 22, 2020
As Christmas approaches, many of us are probably decorating our homes for the holidays. Even though this year we might not be able to gather with our loved ones, the decoration of our home will hopefully bring us...
A Controversial Christmas Tree in VeniceDecember 22, 2020
Weighing 9 tonnes, 10 metres tall, the 2020 Christmas Tree of Venice had become a scandal before it was lit up last week. Why? Because it’s not a typical green spruce or pine with colorful lights and baubles...
The Mysterious Pinturas Negras Reveal Goya’s Darkest SecretsNovember 9, 2020
There are already several articles that treat in detail the life and works of Francisco Goya. If you want to learn about his career or most famous works, look them up in our magazine because here we’ll dig...
Miyatake Gaikotsu and his Puzzling PostcardsNovember 4, 2020
At the beginning of the 20th century, when Japan started embracing the West and rapid industrialization of almost all aspects of life, Miyatake Gaikotsu (funnily enough, gaikotsu means ‘skull/skeleton’ in Japanese) was the one who questioned and interpreted...
The Art of Mia Makila: 13 Important QuestionsOctober 30, 2020
Viewing the art of Mia Makila is like walking into a labyrinthine psyche masquerading as a shop. You open the door, the bell rings, and you realise that you’re the only customer. This shop only accepts one customer...
Weird & Bizarre: A Toilet as a Work of ArtOctober 27, 2020
A joke, a provocation, or an attempt to attract your attention? Maybe none of these or maybe all of them. Here are the three of the most renowned toilets in the history of art. They may make you...
Vermeer’s Desperate HousewivesOctober 23, 2020
Johannes Vermeer was a master of ambiguity. His silent and calm interiors, and beautiful Dutch women, although innocent at first glance, seem to be hiding more than one secret. Let’s meet Vermeer‘s desperate housewives! Vermeer’s Desperate Housewives: Alcohol...
- Painting of the Week: Fede Galizia, A Glass Compote with Peaches, Jasmine Flowers, Quinces and a Grasshopper
- 5 Positive Effects of Art on Mental Health
- Art Saved My Life! An Alternative Look at the Mental Health of Vincent van Gogh
- #MeToo and the Medusa Myth
- Meet Asparagus, the King of Vegetables! Not Just for Vegetarians
- The Fabulous Sculpture and Mysterious Life of Edmonia Lewis
- 10 Most Beautiful Artistic Flower Arrangements for Spring
- Michelangelo’s Pieta: An Ode to the Sublime
- Jozef Mehoffer – Strange Garden
- Language of Flowers: Hidden Messages in Flora