History of Medicine in Art. Collection of Artworks at Wellcome Library in London
The Most Bizarre Building in Scotland: Pineapple HouseJune 8, 2021
You likely would not connect pineapples and architecture, right? Wrong! There exists a real artistic folly, and not in Las Vegas where such a building might be expected, but in the ancient Scottish heights. It bears the (in)famous...
Inkulinati – Medieval Manuscripts Come to Life in a New Video GameJune 1, 2021
If you’ve ever wanted to step inside a medieval manuscript, here’s your chance. Inkulinati, an upcoming strategy-based video game, was inspired by the weird and wonderful world of marginalia. Medieval Marginalia Throughout medieval manuscripts, all sorts of strange...
The Elephant in the Church and Other Curious Stories of VeniceMay 27, 2021
With its maze of narrow streets, bridges, and canals linking its splendid architecture and art, Venice is beautiful. It is worth exploring and a wrong turn can be thrilling. Even the elephant was so curious that it went...
The Unbelievable Story of Killer Rabbits in Medieval ManuscriptsMay 26, 2021
If you ever watched Monty Python and the Holy Grail, you probably remember the scene when the vicious killer bunny (which, as we remember, is a DYNAMITE!) attacks King Arthur and the knights. And as it may look...
Pharmacy Museums: Houses of OdditiesMay 17, 2021
A pharmacy is a very weird kind of shop. It has your favorite skin creams and food supplements. They also carry medicines for the flu, blood pressure, and other illnesses. Pharmacies have been around for a long time....
May the 4th Be with You—Archetypes in Star Wars and ArtMay 4, 2021
Today is Star Wars Day. The first documented use of the phrase “May the 4th be with you” came from Margaret Thatcher’s political party, to congratulate her on her victory in the 1979 election. The first official celebration...
Art from Horror Movies: Japanese Woodblocks of Tsukioka YoshitoshiApril 28, 2021
For centuries gore has been part of the culture in Japan, rooted in its history. Its representation is very common in woodblock engraving pictures. Muzan-e, the ‘bloody prints’, is genre par excellence. This kind of art may be...
- Art from Horror Movies: Japanese Woodblocks of Tsukioka Yoshitoshi
- The Night — Ten Beautiful Nocturne Paintings
- Eyewitness to Space: The NASA Art Program
- 5 Best DailyArt Magazine Articles As Selected By Our Readers
- Cheer Me Up! 10 Funniest DailyArt Magazine Articles Ever
- Diego Rivera’s Life in Self-Portraits
- Pure Happiness, Fun, and Joy in Jan Steen’s Paintings
- Everything You Should Know About Islamic Art
- History of Medicine in Art. Collection of Artworks at Wellcome Library in London
- ALL Art from the BoJack Horseman Series Explained (Updated!)