Stories By Christopher Michaut
BEAUTY. A Short Film by Rino Stefano TagliafierroFebruary 3, 2020
Rino Stefano Tagliafierro is a director, art director and video artist. From museums to the digital world, he explores the spectrum of our nature and emotions with depth, passion, and sensitivity. In 2014 Rino Stefano published BEAUTY,...
Isenheim Altarpiece: A Crucifixion Like No OtherNovember 1, 2019
There are real and fictional characters anchored in our collective unconscious. Their recurring presence in art history illustrates more than just our fascinations, fashions, or concerns. Studying them also provides an understanding of past and present...
Gustave Moreau MuseumMarch 18, 2019
We all know that feeling of travelling back in time when we encounter a trace of our past, whether by finding an object from our childhood, a book with that unique smell that we leafed through...
Rijksmuseum. A Filter of BeautyFebruary 21, 2019
It was December, and the holidays were getting closer. So, I felt it was time for me to take a look at a map of Europe and find a historic city, a capital that would have...
The Writing on the Wall. Banksy’s Unauthorized ExhibitionJanuary 30, 2019
From when we wake up to when we go to sleep, one week over to the next, our lives line up in a series of routines and responsibilities, giving rhythm to our collective existence which is...
Museums And Exhibitions
Intimacy with Egon Schiele at Fondation Louis VuittonNovember 29, 2018
Have you ever been under the impression that a piece of art you’re looking at is so powerful that it can subvert the roles of a viewer and a subject? That suddenly it’s you who becomes...
Halloween in Hell: Dante and VirgilOctober 31, 2018
Halloween night is this time of year when we go from light to darkness, where we can see and experience demons. For this special occasion, I want to treat you to a work that brings all...
Mr. Bacchus’ Tours
The Colours of Pablo PicassoOctober 8, 2018
What’s your favourite colour? Why? Have you ever tried to get to know someone better by asking this question? It can fill an awkward silence in a conversation, and to some, it can reveal a personality trait...
Mr. Bacchus’ Tours
Through the Eyes of Claude MonetSeptember 7, 2018
The eyes of an artist put at the service of art can reveal to us an unspeakable world which is however very present around us. A world that we can notice in the reflection of a...
Visit Eugène Delacroix Exhibition At The Louvre With Mr. BacchusMay 11, 2018
Eugène Delacroix (1798-1863) The early 19th century is a period when France is going through historical changes on all fronts. The anger of the people roars, the streets of Paris tremble and bleed, the Arts are...
- Painting of the Week: Saint George and the Dragon
- The Night — Ten Beautiful Nocturne Paintings
- How Did Caravaggio Die? The Answer Is Not Easy
- The Mysterious Pinturas Negras Reveal Goya’s Darkest Secrets
- Under Hokusai’s Great Wave
- Did You Know that Monet Was a Master of Caricatures?
- Wanderlust Exhibition – Travel Desire Encapsulated in Paintings
- #MeToo and the Medusa Myth
- Maxfield Parrish – Life and Legacy
- Is Kylie Jenner the New Venus? Interview with the Artist Marco Battaglini
- 10 of the Most Famous Female Artist Self-Portraits
- Frida Kahlo And The Symbolism In Her Art
- Frauhaus: Gunta Stölzl, Walter Gropius, and the Women of the Bauhaus
- The Ephemeral Magic of Raw Clay: Artist Interview with Phoebe Cummings
- The Surprising Career of Lavinia Fontana: Painter of Popes, Nudes, and Noblewomen