Painting of the Week: Robert Delaunay, The Red TowerMay 31, 2020
When people speak of Paris, images of Notre-Dame, Arc de Triomphe, and Musée du Louvre flash into the imagination. And for good reason, as they are absolute must-see sites. Fresh croissants, fabulous chocolate, and fine perfume fill the...
10 Things You Must Know About Tamara de LempickaMarch 21, 2020
Tamara de Lempicka was many things: a successful artist, a society darling, an expat. She knew how to create interest in herself and capitalize on it. She was an artist and a celebrity at the same time. You...
Picasso Damaged at Tate ModernJanuary 10, 2020
On the 28th of December 2019, a man from the public marred the Picasso painting, Bust of a Woman. The painting is on a long-term loan from a private collector and it has since been removed from public...
Welcoming the Twenties with Tamara de LempickaDecember 31, 2019
Today I am taking you to a New Year’s Eve party. This year, like every year, we hope that the year coming will be better. But hearing that the twenties are coming somehow the picture of the 1920s...
The Anti-Painting of Joan MiróSeptember 28, 2019
Joan Miró is an artist very difficult to categorize. In general, he is considered to be a surrealist. However, his works show a great diversity that goes beyond Surrealism, Dadaism and Fauvism. Some pieces remind us of childish...
The Beginning of a New World at Kröller-Müller MuseumJune 20, 2019
The Beginning of a new World: The Development of Modern Sculpture is the newest exhibition at the Kröller-Müller Museum in Otterlo, Netherlands. It pays tribute to the unique vision and incredible sculptural acquisitions of Bram Hammacher, the museum’s...
Tarsila do Amaral: Joy Is the Decisive TestJune 14, 2019
Tarsila do Amaral left behind 230 paintings, five sculptures, and hundreds of drawings, prints and murals. She led Brazilian art into modernism. In her home country, she is a household name. She was a socialite, fashionista, divorcee, who...
- Kiyohara Yukinobu: Sublime Female Painter of the Kano School
- Hiroshige’s Winter Views of Edo
- Everything You Must Know About Suprematism and Kazimir Malevich
- Winter in Paris: Gustave Caillebotte, Rooftops in the Snow
- DailyArt Magazine Turns Four! Our Impressions of the Impressionists
- Native American Art from Donald Ellis Gallery at the Frieze Viewing Room
- Visit in Madrid or Online: The Thyssen-Bornemisza National Museum
- The Best Autumn Foods in Still-Life Paintings
- The Art Of Thanksgiving By Norman Rockwell
- Stendhal Syndrome – The Art Fans Sickness