10 Things You Must Know About Tamara de LempickaMarch 21, 2020
Tamara de Lempicka was many things: a successful artist, a society darling, an expat. She knew how to create interest in herself and capitalize on it. She was an artist and a celebrity at the same time. You...
Picasso Damaged at Tate ModernJanuary 10, 2020
On the 28th of December 2019, a man from the public marred the Picasso painting, Bust of a Woman. The painting is on a long-term loan from a private collector and it has since been removed from public...
Welcoming the Twenties with Tamara de LempickaDecember 31, 2019
Today I am taking you to a New Year’s Eve party. This year, like every year, we hope that the year coming will be better. But hearing that the twenties are coming somehow the picture of the 1920s...
The Anti-Painting of Joan MiróSeptember 28, 2019
Joan Miró is an artist very difficult to categorize. In general, he is considered to be a surrealist. However, his works show a great diversity that goes beyond Surrealism, Dadaism and Fauvism. Some pieces remind us of childish...
The Beginning of a New World at Kröller-Müller MuseumJune 20, 2019
The Beginning of a new World: The Development of Modern Sculpture is the newest exhibition at the Kröller-Müller Museum in Otterlo, Netherlands. It pays tribute to the unique vision and incredible sculptural acquisitions of Bram Hammacher, the museum’s...
Tarsila do Amaral: Joy Is the Decisive TestJune 14, 2019
Tarsila do Amaral left behind 230 paintings, five sculptures, and hundreds of drawings, prints and murals. She led Brazilian art into modernism. In her home country, she is a household name. She was a socialite, fashionista, divorcee, who...
Natalia Goncharova First Time in LondonJune 6, 2019
We couldn’t have asked for a better birthday gift for Natalia Goncharova: a month before her birthday Tate Modern in London is presenting the first retrospective of her work in the UK ever. The exhibition opens on June, 6th. The date...
- The Erotic Potential of The Temptation of St. Anthony
- The Serene Beauty of a Pastoral Love: Daphnis and Chloé Paintings
- Tattoos – Ancient Ink to Modern Celebrity
- 10 Awesome Pairs of Shoes from the Victoria & Albert Collection
- Why Babies in Medieval Paintings Look Like Ugly Old Men
- Dior AW 2020-21: Deconstructing Art References
- A Capri Romance: John Singer Sargent and Rosina Fererra
- Rethinking the Word “Muse” in the Arts
- The Met Gala and Beyond: Fashion and Art
- Real Gray’s Anatomy. Medical Illustration from an Artistic Genre to a Profession