Natalia Goncharova First Time in LondonJune 6, 2019
We couldn’t have asked for a better birthday gift for Natalia Goncharova: a month before her birthday Tate Modern in London is presenting the first retrospective of her work in the UK ever. The exhibition opens on June, 6th. The date...
All Faces of František KupkaMay 27, 2019
First time I came across František Kupka’s work was in the Centre Pompidou and I thought: “Wow, he was such an interesting guy and I never heard about him before!”. Not much has changed since then, I still...
Art of the Spanish Civil War: Political Propaganda and the Modernist Avant-GardeApril 1, 2019
April 1, 1939 marked not only the end of the Spanish Civil War but also the fall of the Second Spanish Republic. The victory of General Francisco Franco’s rebel forces resulted in the overthrow of Spain’s leftist Republican...
Aristarkh Lentulov’s Cubist RussiaFebruary 2, 2019
Recently I showed you views of typical wintery Russia by Korovin, which you can see here. Today we’ll see instead something out-of-ordinary. Although it’s always the same country, this time it’s seen in an avant-garde lens. I’m very...
The Abstract Waves Of Cornwall: St Ives SchoolFebruary 5, 2018
Just before the outbreak of the WW2, a small town in Cornwall, UK, became a haven for British artists. Built of granite and surrounded on three sides by the ocean, it was a perfect spot for painters because the...
Pablo Picasso And His WomenNovember 28, 2017
Pablo Picasso perhaps the most influential and recognizable painter of the 20th century, is well known for his deep love and appreciation for women. Picasso did not have an easy relationship with women – he only loved them...
How Cubism Changed During The 20th Century?July 22, 2017
Art history changed lot during the start of the 20th century. First World War affected this transition and changed up the process as many artist tried to express their feelings in a different way during the war times....
- The Black And White World Of Felix Vallotton’s Prints
- Kandinsky’s World of Russian Fairy Tales
- Autumn Moon In Japanese Woodblock Prints
- When Romanticism Meets Eruptions: Volcanoes in Paintings
- The Hudson River School: Celebrating Nature, American-Style
- Painting of the Week: Giotto, Ognissanti Madonna
- The Best of Leda And A Swan Paintings
- Six Ancient Greek Sculptures Everyone Should Know
- Open to Influences – Arthur Hacker and his Mary with Many Qualities
- 10 Most Scandalous Nudes in Art (NSFW)