The Beginning of a New World at Kröller-Müller MuseumJune 20, 2019
The Beginning of a new World: The Development of Modern Sculpture is the newest exhibition at the Kröller-Müller Museum in Otterlo, Netherlands. It pays tribute to the unique vision and incredible sculptural acquisitions of Bram Hammacher, the museum’s...
Tarsila do Amaral: Joy Is the Decisive TestJune 14, 2019
Tarsila do Amaral left behind 230 paintings, five sculptures, and hundreds of drawings, prints and murals. She led Brazilian art into modernism. In her home country, she is a household name. She was a socialite, fashionista, divorcee, who...
Natalia Goncharova First Time in LondonJune 6, 2019
We couldn’t have asked for a better birthday gift for Natalia Goncharova: a month before her birthday Tate Modern in London is presenting the first retrospective of her work in the UK ever. The exhibition opens on June, 6th. The date...
All Faces of František KupkaMay 27, 2019
First time I came across František Kupka’s work was in the Centre Pompidou and I thought: “Wow, he was such an interesting guy and I never heard about him before!”. Not much has changed since then, I still...
Art of the Spanish Civil War: Political Propaganda and the Modernist Avant-GardeApril 1, 2019
April 1, 1939 marked not only the end of the Spanish Civil War but also the fall of the Second Spanish Republic. The victory of General Francisco Franco’s rebel forces resulted in the overthrow of Spain’s leftist Republican...
Aristarkh Lentulov’s Cubist RussiaFebruary 2, 2019
Recently I showed you views of typical wintery Russia by Korovin, which you can see here. Today we’ll see instead something out-of-ordinary. Although it’s always the same country, this time it’s seen in an avant-garde lens. I’m very...
The Abstract Waves Of Cornwall: St Ives SchoolFebruary 5, 2018
Just before the outbreak of the WW2, a small town in Cornwall, UK, became a haven for British artists. Built of granite and surrounded on three sides by the ocean, it was a perfect spot for painters because the...
- Everything You Should Know About Orientalism
- How Many Paintings From Louvre Shown On This Video Can You Recognize?
- Representation vs Reality: Artists Portrayed in Midnight in Paris. Part I
- Welcome to the Wonderful Circus of Dame Laura Knight!
- ALL Louvre Masterpieces From Beyonce & Jay-Z’s ‘APES**T’ Video Explained
- The Gift of Pomona – Pears in Art
- 15 Must-See Art Exhibitions in 2020
- 10 Most Scandalous Nudes in Art (NSFW)
- The Dystopian Surrealism of Zdzislaw Beksinski
- Painting of the Week: John Singer Sargent, Madame X