Watch Sister Wendy Commenting Mark RothkoDecember 28, 2017
Sister Wendy is an institution. She is a British hermit, consecrated virgin, and art historian who became well known internationally during the 1990s when she presented a series of documentaries for the BBC on the history of art....
Alex Katz and His New YorkDecember 16, 2017
Alex Katz (born 1927) is an American figurative artist known for his paintings, sculptures, and prints. His paintings are divided almost equally into the genres of portraiture and landscape. Since the 1960s he has painted views of New...
Watch Kids Explaining Art To Experts On Name That ArtDecember 15, 2017
I remember when I was studying Art History, I was playing art history charades with my friends. But the truth is that children, not students are the best when it comes to explaining art masterpieces. Watch here, how...
Why Babies in Medieval Paintings Look Like Ugly Old MenDecember 9, 2017
The reason is: at the time, philosophers thought that Christ was born like a “perfectly formed and unchanged” man, aka he came out looking like a fully grown-up. Luckily everything stopped thanks to Renaissance.
The True Story Of American Gothic According to SNLDecember 5, 2017
If you ever wondered how famous paintings were created, how exactly looked the process of creation, setting up the sitters, choosing their poses… Here is the hilarious story behind the creation of the American Gothic which shows it wasn’t...
Running In Museums? Run with Martin CreedNovember 27, 2017
Have you ever entered a museum five minutes before closing and thus had to run to see as much as possible? Such a thing happened to Martin Creed, a contemporary British artist, who once in Sicily had to...
Watch This Digital Reinterpretation Of "’The Garden of Earthly Delights’"November 26, 2017
‘PARADISE’ by Dutch company Studio Smack is a contemporary reinterpretation of the iconic Hieronymus Bosch’s painting ‘The Garden of Earthly Delights,’ Rendered in spectacular 4K animation, the video is based on the central panel of the famous triptych....
- Evoking The Genius Of Brancusi At The Museum Of Modern Art In New York
- 10 Most Scandalous Nudes in Art (NSFW)
- Tarsila do Amaral: Joy Is the Decisive Test
- Six Ancient Greek Sculptures Everyone Should Know
- It’s Not Always What It Seems: The Fabulous Inventions of Panamarenko
- Lee Krasner and the Art of Starting Over
- Painting of the Week: Masaccio, The Tribute Money
- 4 Artists Who Suffered Mental Illness (And How It Affected Their Art)
- Greek Mythological Creatures That Combine Female Beauty And Beastly Ugliness
- Black Is Beautiful: Kwame Brathwaite at the Skirball Center