Wes Anderson Curates A Show At Kunsthistorisches Museum WienFebruary 6, 2018
The film director Wes Anderson is mixing it up at the Kunsthistorisches Museum in Vienna later this year. The man behind movies including The Grand Budapest Hotel and The Royal Tenenbaums is organising, with his partner, Juman Malouf,...
When Earth Is A Polka DotJanuary 31, 2018
Yayoi Kusama is a Japanese contemporary artist who works primarily in sculpture and installation, but is also active in painting, performance, film, fashion, poetry, fiction and other arts. During the 1960s she was a part of the New...
Watch Sister Wendy Commenting Mark RothkoDecember 28, 2017
Sister Wendy is an institution. She is a British hermit, consecrated virgin, and art historian who became well known internationally during the 1990s when she presented a series of documentaries for the BBC on the history of art....
Alex Katz and His New YorkDecember 16, 2017
Alex Katz (born 1927) is an American figurative artist known for his paintings, sculptures, and prints. His paintings are divided almost equally into the genres of portraiture and landscape. Since the 1960s he has painted views of New...
Watch Kids Explaining Art To Experts On Name That ArtDecember 15, 2017
I remember when I was studying Art History, I was playing art history charades with my friends. But the truth is that children, not students are the best when it comes to explaining art masterpieces. Watch here, how...
Why Babies in Medieval Paintings Look Like Ugly Old MenDecember 9, 2017
The reason is: at the time, philosophers thought that Christ was born like a “perfectly formed and unchanged” man, aka he came out looking like a fully grown-up. Luckily everything stopped thanks to Renaissance.
The True Story Of American Gothic According to SNLDecember 5, 2017
If you ever wondered how famous paintings were created, how exactly looked the process of creation, setting up the sitters, choosing their poses… Here is the hilarious story behind the creation of the American Gothic which shows it wasn’t...
- Edward Hopper’s Drawings That Will Blow Your Mind
- The Erotic Potential of The Temptation of St. Anthony
- Tattoos – Ancient Ink to Modern Celebrity
- The Serene Beauty of a Pastoral Love: Daphnis and Chloé Paintings
- 10 Awesome Pairs of Shoes from the Victoria & Albert Collection
- Painting of the Week: Sir Lawrence Alma-Tadema, The Roses of Heliogabalus
- Dior AW 2020-21: Deconstructing Art References
- The Met Gala and Beyond: Fashion and Art
- Painting of the Week: Mary Cassatt, Little Girl in a Blue Armchair
- Painting of the Week: Henri Fantin-Latour, Still Life