When Earth Is A Polka DotJanuary 31, 2018
Yayoi Kusama is a Japanese contemporary artist who works primarily in sculpture and installation, but is also active in painting, performance, film, fashion, poetry, fiction and other arts. During the 1960s she was a part of the New...
Watch Sister Wendy Commenting Mark RothkoDecember 28, 2017
Sister Wendy is an institution. She is a British hermit, consecrated virgin, and art historian who became well known internationally during the 1990s when she presented a series of documentaries for the BBC on the history of art....
Alex Katz and His New YorkDecember 16, 2017
Alex Katz (born 1927) is an American figurative artist known for his paintings, sculptures, and prints. His paintings are divided almost equally into the genres of portraiture and landscape. Since the 1960s he has painted views of New...
Watch Kids Explaining Art To Experts On Name That ArtDecember 15, 2017
I remember when I was studying Art History, I was playing art history charades with my friends. But the truth is that children, not students are the best when it comes to explaining art masterpieces. Watch here, how...
Why Babies in Medieval Paintings Look Like Ugly Old MenDecember 9, 2017
The reason is: at the time, philosophers thought that Christ was born like a “perfectly formed and unchanged” man, aka he came out looking like a fully grown-up. Luckily everything stopped thanks to Renaissance.
The True Story Of American Gothic According to SNLDecember 5, 2017
If you ever wondered how famous paintings were created, how exactly looked the process of creation, setting up the sitters, choosing their poses… Here is the hilarious story behind the creation of the American Gothic which shows it wasn’t...
Running In Museums? Run with Martin CreedNovember 27, 2017
Have you ever entered a museum five minutes before closing and thus had to run to see as much as possible? Such a thing happened to Martin Creed, a contemporary British artist, who once in Sicily had to...
- The Sad Story Of Vincent Van Gogh And His Lovers
- Painting of the Week: Nicolas Maes, Young Woman Peeling Apples
- The Sound Of Colour: Music Inspired By Visual Art – A Top 10
- Brief Story of Claude Monet’s Garden in Giverny
- Paula Modersohn-Becker: The Unknown Expressionist
- My name is Sofonisba And I’m Michelangelo’s Gal
- The Erotic Drawings of Francesco Hayez [+18]
- Murder on the Canvas: How artists portray the ultimate taboo
- The Mystery of Vincent Van Gogh’s Death
- Best Vermeer’s Forger And His Fakes