Anatoliy Kryvolap’s Evolution of Color: Emotional Paintings of the Ukrainian ArtistSeptember 2, 2020
Anatoliy Kryvolap is a contemporary Ukrainian artist whose paintings are sold at the world’s most prestigious auctions for thousands of dollars. He works on the verge of figurative painting and abstraction. That is to say, the artist’s calling...
Interview: Soumya Netrabile, A Contemporary Abstract PainterAugust 25, 2020
Soumya Netrabile (b. 1966) is a contemporary abstract painter and ceramist based in the Chicago area of the United States. Her paintings are a fusion of anatomical, organic, and plant forms that build imaginary landscapes with a color...
Valentine Schlegel: Sculptor of Organic AbstractionJuly 24, 2020
Sculptor, ceramist, artist, teacher. Valentine Schlegel was a headstrong individual with fervent, creative independence who carved out her own path in history. Despite these achievements, her work was kept in the dark until just a few years ago....
VIPs… or VICs (Very Important Colors)? Iconic Hues in Art HistoryJuly 11, 2020
Every person probably dreams of leaving a legacy to the world. For artists this is a central goal and they try to do it through their masterpieces of course. Some people even went further though… They gave their...
Home and Migration in the Artworks of Zarina HashmiJuly 1, 2020
Zarina Hashmi (16 July 1937 – 25 April 2020), was an Indian-American artist and printmaker based in New York City. She was known by her professional name, Zarina. Her works include drawings, prints, and sculptures. She used abstract...
Painting of the Week: Robert Delaunay, The Red TowerMay 31, 2020
When people speak of Paris, images of Notre-Dame, Arc de Triomphe, and Musée du Louvre flash into the imagination. And for good reason, as they are absolute must-see sites. Fresh croissants, fabulous chocolate, and fine perfume fill the...
An Andalusian Dog – Surrealist Film of Dalí and BuñuelMay 28, 2020
Quarantine is already distressing us, but An Andalusian Dog is always a good tip. Above all, the movie and Surrealism, show us how art can ease harsh realities and yet be real. The Surrealist Movement and the Cinema An...
- Kiyohara Yukinobu: Sublime Female Painter of the Kano School
- Hiroshige’s Winter Views of Edo
- Everything You Must Know About Suprematism and Kazimir Malevich
- Winter in Paris: Gustave Caillebotte, Rooftops in the Snow
- DailyArt Magazine Turns Four! Our Impressions of the Impressionists
- Native American Art from Donald Ellis Gallery at the Frieze Viewing Room
- Visit in Madrid or Online: The Thyssen-Bornemisza National Museum
- The Best Autumn Foods in Still-Life Paintings
- The Art Of Thanksgiving By Norman Rockwell
- Stendhal Syndrome – The Art Fans Sickness