Anatoliy Kryvolap’s Evolution of Color: Emotional Paintings of the Ukrainian Artist
VIPs… or VICs (Very Important Colors)? Iconic Hues in Art HistoryJuly 11, 2020
Every person probably dreams of leaving a legacy to the world. For artists this is a central goal and they try to do it through their masterpieces of course. Some people even went further though… They gave their...
Home and Migration in the Artworks of Zarina HashmiJuly 1, 2020
Zarina Hashmi (16 July 1937 – 25 April 2020), was an Indian-American artist and printmaker based in New York City. She was known by her professional name, Zarina. Her works include drawings, prints, and sculptures. She used abstract...
Painting of the Week: Robert Delaunay, The Red TowerMay 31, 2020
When people speak of Paris, images of Notre-Dame, Arc de Triomphe, and Musée du Louvre flash into the imagination. And for good reason, as they are absolute must-see sites. Fresh croissants, fabulous chocolate, and fine perfume fill the...
An Andalusian Dog – Surrealist Film of Dalí and BuñuelMay 28, 2020
Quarantine is already distressing us, but An Andalusian Dog is always a good tip. Above all, the movie and Surrealism, show us how art can ease harsh realities and yet be real. The Surrealist Movement and the Cinema An...
Keeping up with the Boys: Abstract Expressionist Helen FrankenthalerApril 29, 2020
It’s often the men of Abstract Expressionism who are best known: Jackson Pollock and his famous “drip” technique; Willem de Kooning’s abstract women; Mark Rothko’s colorful rectangles. Yet it’s Frankenthaler who, after seeing what Pollock was doing, decided...
10 Blue Yves Klein Masterpieces You Must KnowApril 28, 2020
On this day, April 28th in 1928, Yves Klein was born, a French artist and the leading member of the French artistic movement of Nouveau Réalisme. Klein was a pioneer in the development of performance art and a...
Exploring Place with Emily ThomasApril 17, 2020
Emily Thomas is a 24 years old, British emerging artist. Her bright and vibrant sculptural work is distinctive and abstract at first glance. However, it is also richly embedded in a sense of place. In this article, we...
- The Erotic Potential of The Temptation of St. Anthony
- The Serene Beauty of a Pastoral Love: Daphnis and Chloé Paintings
- Tattoos – Ancient Ink to Modern Celebrity
- 10 Awesome Pairs of Shoes from the Victoria & Albert Collection
- Why Babies in Medieval Paintings Look Like Ugly Old Men
- Dior AW 2020-21: Deconstructing Art References
- A Capri Romance: John Singer Sargent and Rosina Fererra
- Rethinking the Word “Muse” in the Arts
- The Met Gala and Beyond: Fashion and Art
- Real Gray’s Anatomy. Medical Illustration from an Artistic Genre to a Profession