Peek Into The Court: Stunning Qajar PortraitsJanuary 19, 2018
I’m sure you’re well acquainted with European royal portraiture. But have you ever seen portraits of rulers from beyond Europe? I want to show you a stunning example from Persia, contemporary Iran. Time for Qajar portraits of Fath...
Meet Persian Leonardo – BihzadNovember 17, 2017
Mainstream art history often brushes off the artists who do not originate from Western Europe and North America. The masterpiece ‘canon’ barely includes any non-western art, and all the Old Masters are European, too. At DailyArtDaily we want...
The Art of Mihrab – little masterpieces of Islamic artOctober 11, 2017
What is a mihrab? It’s a typically semi-circular niche in the mosque. It’s usually inserted in the centre of the Quibla wall, the wall which points towards Mecca, the holy direction of Muslim prayer. With time, mihrabs turned from...
These 4 Mosques Will Make You Adore Islamic ArchitectureAugust 3, 2016
At the moment, Islam is a difficult topic to talk about. Yet art is beyond all that. We want to show you how beautiful and unique buildings Islam has created for us. Here are the wonders of Islamic architecture: 1....
- Halloween in Hell: Dante and Virgil
- 15 Cats in Art History Every Cat Lover Would Love
- Remembrance Day Poppies in Painting
- Hey Boy, Hey Girl: Bacchus by Caravaggio
- 6 Rooms from Famous Paintings Brought to Real Life
- Famous Painters and Their Children
- Art Nouveau Explained in GIFs
- 4 Artists Who Suffered Mental Illness (And How It Affected Their Art)
- 10 Most Scandalous Nudes in Art (NSFW)
- Guggenheim: The Thannhauser Collection from van Gogh to Picasso at Palazzo Reale