The Last Craftsman. Exploring Henry van de Velde and the Passage of ModernismAugust 30, 2019
Until 1972, the Museen zu Berlin exhibited, among other things, a teapot and its accompanying set. From above, the teapot is around 22 centimetres long, 13,5 centimetres wide, and 13 centimetres tall. Its chrome finish gives an oil-surface...
Japan’s Art Island – NaoshimaJuly 23, 2019
Over the next year Japan will be hosting the Rugby World Cup and the 2020 Olympics, expecting visitors from all over the world. If you’re an art lover, who is also planning a trip to Japan, you should...
Aubette 1928: a Neoplasticist Gesamtkunstwerk in StrasbourgJuly 10, 2019
Last week I had a chance to visit Strasbourg in Alsace, France. It’s a charming city full of picturesque narrow and tiny houses scattered along the canals. There are bridges and pretzels (yum!) everywhere. Yet, among the cute...
Ten Gorgeous French Churches (That Aren’t Notre-Dame de Paris)May 15, 2019
For the past month, everybody has been talking about Notre-Dame de Paris, which suffered a horrible fire in April. Notre-Dame is by far France’s most famous church, but it isn’t the country’s only noteworthy one. France is a...
Notre-Dame de Paris – Its Present and FutureApril 22, 2019
After Monday’s fire at Notre-Dame de Paris, I have been looking continuously for news about the building’s status. I sorted through all the reports, both the reliable and the sensational, to come up with this summary of Notre-Dame’s...
Discovering Camelot: Arthurian Art in PolandApril 12, 2019
1887 saw a significant discovery in the field of medieval art, though at the time nobody, not even the discoverer himself, was aware of the real value of his find. The discoverer was one Wilhelm Klose, the tax...
Five Fun Facts About Gargoyles – Quirky Creatures of the Middle Ages and BeyondMarch 2, 2019
Everybody loves gargoyles! I used to think I was alone in this, but I’ve come to learn that’s not at all true. In case any of you don’t know, a gargoyle is a carved human, animal, or monster...
- The Dreaming Youths: A Children’s Book That Parents Would Hide From Their Kids
- Few Comments On Courbet’s Origin of the World
- 5 Fleshy Sculptures That Could Come To Life
- 11 Things You Might Not Know About Leonardo Da Vinci
- Kandinsky’s Inspiration? Nature, Spirituality and Other Artists
- A Glimpse of Maritime Life in the Past in 7 Artworks
- Camille Claudel – Love, Despair and Auguste Rodin
- Rembrandt’s Light—Dulwich Picture Gallery
- 10 Most Scandalous Nudes in Art (NSFW)
- Lakshmi in Art. The Goddess of Wealth