An Interview with Emily ThomasMay 25, 2020
Emily Thomas is a 24 year old, British, emerging artist. At first glance, her bright and vibrant sculptural work is distinctive and abstract. In a previous article, Exploring Place with Emily Thomas, we looked at Thomas’ artworks from Tainan,...
Nikko Toshogu ShrineApril 30, 2020
Among one of the most scenic areas of Japan, in the middle of the Honshu island, and at the foot of the Mt. Nantai volcano, lies the small city of Nikko. Besides the beautiful surroundings, it is known...
Exploring Place with Emily ThomasApril 17, 2020
Emily Thomas is a 24 years old, British emerging artist. Her bright and vibrant sculptural work is distinctive and abstract at first glance. However, it is also richly embedded in a sense of place. In this article, we...
Notre-Dame de Paris – One Year LaterApril 15, 2020
On April 15, 2019, the world watched in horror as fire swept through the famous cathedral of Notre-Dame de Paris. For several heartbreaking hours, it seemed likely that this beloved church would be destroyed. In the end, the...
Art Travels: Bayon Temple, CambodiaApril 3, 2020
The Bayon Temple is located at the heart of Angkor Thom and served as the state temple of the Emperor Jayavarman VII. It is a mountain temple built to represent Mount Meru – the center of the universe...
The Timeless Prints of William Morris & the Arts and Crafts MovementMarch 31, 2020
If you are stuck at home these days, you are probably looking for ways to spruce up your home. By extension, that means you are in dire need of some interior design inspiration. Now, more than ever, is...
Once Upon a Time in Moscow: Pertsov’s House, a Russian Terem Amidst Modern BuildingsMarch 20, 2020
This building from the art-nouveau era is a sight for sore eyes! Pertsov’s house is an interesting example of Russian classical folk influences combined with 20th century architecture. Pertsov’s Apartment House is one of the most famous buildings...
- 10 Most Scandalous Nudes in Art (NSFW)
- Pen Pineapple Apple Pen – Art Edition
- These 4 Cutest Joshua Reynolds’ Children Will Make You Miss Childhood
- Vasily Vereshchagin – Journey through India
- Famous Painters and Their Children
- Painting of the Week: Salvador Dalí, Madonna of Port Lligat
- Art for Climate Change: Emily Carr, Odds and Ends
- Painting of the Week: Edvard Munch, Madonna
- Painting of the Week: Giotto, Ognissanti Madonna
- Painting of the Week: Fra Filippo Lippi, Madonna and Child with Two Angels