Tutankhamun in London: Treasures of the Golden PharaohJanuary 20, 2020
For the first time in decades, the treasures of Tutankhamun – who ruled over Egypt from approximately 1334 – 1325 BCE – are on display in the United Kingdom, and this time at the Saatchi Gallery instead of...
Painting of the Week: Fowling in the MarshesDecember 1, 2019
Ancient Egypt. The famous land of Tutankhamun evokes popular images of pyramids, mummies, and tombs. It left an artistic heritage that is still admired and appreciated thousands of years later. Tomb paintings are part of this artistic heritage,...
Egypt and Berlin’s Icon: The Bust of Queen NefertitiOctober 16, 2018
The bust of Queen Nefertiti housed in Berlin’s Neues Museum is one of Ancient Egypt’s most famous works of art. A prime example of ancient artistry, this icon has been called “the most beautiful woman in the world”....
Blue Faience Hippopotamuses Of The World, UNITE!March 24, 2017
Blue faience hippopotamus was a popular statuette in Ancient Egyptian art. Some times ago in our app DailyArt we have presented such a blue faience hippopotamus from Metropolitan Museum of Art. Hippos were frequently the subject of ancient...
The Lifelike Death Fayum Portraits of Roman EgyptFebruary 28, 2017
After the defeat of Mark Antony and Cleopatra by Octavian in 30 BCE, Egypt became a province of the Roman Empire. Romans trickled into their new African territory and assimilated well within the existing culture. That is to...
Man, Woman or Both? Meet Akhenaten, The Only Androgenous PharaohAugust 10, 2016
If you thought that ancient Egypt had always been only about large pantheon of gods, solid and emotionless sculptures and masculine pharaohs only, have a look at this short episode from Egyptian history, when people looked like aliens...
- Edgar Degas and His Most Beautiful Ballerinas
- HERE: Black in Rembrandt’s Time. Rembrandthuis Decolonizes
- Fifty Shades of Dr. Pozzi
- Botero and His Characteristic Chubby Style: Boterism
- Autumn Moon in Japanese Woodblock Prints
- Where Is Van Gogh’s Biggest Art Collection Outside of Amsterdam? In the Kröller-Müller Museum!
- The Louvre Pyramid and 5 Other Art Museums Designed by Ieoh Ming Pei
- Allegories of Autumn – A Top Ten of Sensational Symbolic Artworks
- Painting of the Week: Firs Zhuravlev, A Fashionista Wife
- Famous Autumn Paintings Created by Famous Artists
- Traversing the Unseen: Interview with Multi-Media Artist Sara Osebold
- The Forgotten Couturier Elsa Schiaparelli: Surrealism, Art and Revolutionary Fashion
- Frida Kahlo And The Symbolism In Her Art
- Kyra Nijinsky: Portrait of a Dancer
- “They Are Black Because I’m Not White” Portraits By Lynette Yiadom-Boakye