Blue Faience Hippopotamuses Of The World, UNITE!March 24, 2017
Blue faience hippopotamus was a popular statuette in Ancient Egyptian art. Some times ago in our app DailyArt we have presented such a blue faience hippopotamus from Metropolitan Museum of Art. Hippos were frequently the subject of ancient...
The Lifelike Death Fayum Portraits of Roman EgyptFebruary 28, 2017
After the defeat of Mark Antony and Cleopatra by Octavian in 30 BCE, Egypt became a province of the Roman Empire. Romans trickled into their new African territory and assimilated well within the existing culture. That is to...
Man, Woman or Both? Meet Akhenaten, The Only Androgenous PharaohAugust 10, 2016
If you thought that ancient Egypt had always been only about large pantheon of gods, solid and emotionless sculptures and masculine pharaohs only, have a look at this short episode from Egyptian history, when people looked like aliens...
- Everything You Should Know About Orientalism
- How Many Paintings From Louvre Shown On This Video Can You Recognize?
- Representation vs Reality: Artists Portrayed in Midnight in Paris. Part I
- Welcome to the Wonderful Circus of Dame Laura Knight!
- ALL Louvre Masterpieces From Beyonce & Jay-Z’s ‘APES**T’ Video Explained
- The Gift of Pomona – Pears in Art
- 15 Must-See Art Exhibitions in 2020
- 10 Most Scandalous Nudes in Art (NSFW)
- The Dystopian Surrealism of Zdzislaw Beksinski
- Painting of the Week: John Singer Sargent, Madame X