The Sacred Cats of Ancient EgyptAugust 5, 2020
The Ancient Egyptians revered cats of all kinds and honoured them in their art. From servals to the mighty lion, cats were seen as powerful forces for both protection and destruction. According to their mythology, the sacred cats...
Art Travels: The Mortuary Temple of HatshepsutMay 12, 2020
Hatshepsut (1479-1458 B.C.E.) was the fifth pharaoh of Egypt’s Eighteenth Dynasty and arguably the most important amongst ancient Egypt’s many female rulers. Her 20-year-long reign was an era of peace and prosperity. The kingdom thrived under a flourishing economy, a...
Nefertiti as a Beauty IconMarch 26, 2020
Nefertiti is a beauty icon and one of the most powerful women who inspires us throughout centuries. Responding to the rhythms of the age, she seized the opportunities of her time. But Nefertiti also left us with many...
Tutankhamun in London: Treasures of the Golden PharaohJanuary 20, 2020
For the first time in decades, the treasures of Tutankhamun – who ruled over Egypt from approximately 1334 – 1325 BCE – are on display in the United Kingdom, and this time at the Saatchi Gallery instead of...
Painting of the Week: Fowling in the MarshesDecember 1, 2019
Ancient Egypt. The famous land of Tutankhamun evokes popular images of pyramids, mummies, and tombs. It left an artistic heritage that is still admired and appreciated thousands of years later. Tomb paintings are part of this artistic heritage,...
Egypt and Berlin’s Icon: The Bust of Queen NefertitiOctober 16, 2018
The bust of Queen Nefertiti housed in Berlin’s Neues Museum is one of Ancient Egypt’s most famous works of art. A prime example of ancient artistry, this icon has been called “the most beautiful woman in the world”....
Man, Woman or Both? Meet Akhenaten, The Only Androgenous PharaohAugust 10, 2016
If you thought that ancient Egypt had always been only about large pantheon of gods, solid and emotionless sculptures and masculine pharaohs only, have a look at this short episode from Egyptian history, when people looked like aliens...
- Léon Spilliaert: The Longing Behind the Symbolism
- Kiyohara Yukinobu: Sublime Female Painter of the Kano School
- Stendhal Syndrome – The Art Fans Sickness
- Everything You Must Know About Suprematism and Kazimir Malevich
- DailyArt Magazine Turns Four! Our Impressions of the Impressionists
- Visit in Madrid or Online: The Thyssen-Bornemisza National Museum
- The Art Of Thanksgiving By Norman Rockwell
- Six Ancient Greek Sculptures Everyone Should Know
- The Best Autumn Foods in Still-Life Paintings
- 8 Paintings For Thanksgiving That Will Warm Your Heart