Egypt and Berlin’s Icon: The Bust of Queen NefertitiOctober 16, 2018
The bust of Queen Nefertiti housed in Berlin’s Neues Museum is one of Ancient Egypt’s most famous works of art. A prime example of ancient artistry, this icon has been called “the most beautiful woman in the world”....
Blue Faience Hippopotamuses Of The World, UNITE!March 24, 2017
Blue faience hippopotamus was a popular statuette in Ancient Egyptian art. Some times ago in our app DailyArt we have presented such a blue faience hippopotamus from Metropolitan Museum of Art. Hippos were frequently the subject of ancient...
The Lifelike Death Fayum Portraits of Roman EgyptFebruary 28, 2017
After the defeat of Mark Antony and Cleopatra by Octavian in 30 BCE, Egypt became a province of the Roman Empire. Romans trickled into their new African territory and assimilated well within the existing culture. That is to...
Man, Woman or Both? Meet Akhenaten, The Only Androgenous PharaohAugust 10, 2016
If you thought that ancient Egypt had always been only about large pantheon of gods, solid and emotionless sculptures and masculine pharaohs only, have a look at this short episode from Egyptian history, when people looked like aliens...
- 10 Most Scandalous Nudes in Art (NSFW)
- 10 Best Movies Related to Art for Time Spent in Quarantine
- 10 Art Masterpieces to Calm Your Anxiety
- Japanese Woodblock Prints Ukiyo-e With Snow And Winter
- Mary Cassatt’s Feminist Mural Which Has Gone Lost
- The Best Art Videos for the Age of Quarantine
- 10 Female Artists Forgotten By Art History
- The Best of the Best Museums to Visit Virtually on Lockdown (Constantly Updated)
- Titian’s Metamorphoses
- 15 Artsy Books to Read During Self-Quarantine