Painting of the Week: Fowling in the MarshesDecember 1, 2019
Ancient Egypt. The famous land of Tutankhamun evokes popular images of pyramids, mummies, and tombs. It left an artistic heritage that is still admired and appreciated thousands of years later. Tomb paintings are part of this artistic heritage,...
Egypt and Berlin’s Icon: The Bust of Queen NefertitiOctober 16, 2018
The bust of Queen Nefertiti housed in Berlin’s Neues Museum is one of Ancient Egypt’s most famous works of art. A prime example of ancient artistry, this icon has been called “the most beautiful woman in the world”....
Blue Faience Hippopotamuses Of The World, UNITE!March 24, 2017
Blue faience hippopotamus was a popular statuette in Ancient Egyptian art. Some times ago in our app DailyArt we have presented such a blue faience hippopotamus from Metropolitan Museum of Art. Hippos were frequently the subject of ancient...
The Lifelike Death Fayum Portraits of Roman EgyptFebruary 28, 2017
After the defeat of Mark Antony and Cleopatra by Octavian in 30 BCE, Egypt became a province of the Roman Empire. Romans trickled into their new African territory and assimilated well within the existing culture. That is to...
Man, Woman or Both? Meet Akhenaten, The Only Androgenous PharaohAugust 10, 2016
If you thought that ancient Egypt had always been only about large pantheon of gods, solid and emotionless sculptures and masculine pharaohs only, have a look at this short episode from Egyptian history, when people looked like aliens...
- Coffee, Tea, Beer… Drinks in Art for All Tastes!
- 10 Best Portraits Of Édouard Manet
- The Orientalism of Eugène Delacroix – Beware of the Colors!
- Here Comes the Sun… Sunrises for Hope in Art
- Ardhanarishvara – Androgynous Portrayal of Shiva and Parvati
- Lesbian Love and Sex in Art History
- Artists’ Beloved Travel Destinations as Seen Through Their Art
- Pink Unicorns, Cowboys and Candy Clouds: Welcome to Will Cotton’s Own Wild West
- 10 Cocktails Inspired by Art for Artsy Drinking
- Great Artists’ Dachshund Muses