Last Days of Summer in ArtSeptember 21, 2019
The end of summer is approaching and these last days of sunshine create a kind of melancholy feeling. You probably like to look back on the past few weeks. The summer is a period in which we may...
Natalia Goncharova First Time in LondonJune 6, 2019
We couldn’t have asked for a better birthday gift for Natalia Goncharova: a month before her birthday Tate Modern in London is presenting the first retrospective of her work in the UK ever. The exhibition opens on June, 6th. The date...
All Faces of František KupkaMay 27, 2019
First time I came across František Kupka’s work was in the Centre Pompidou and I thought: “Wow, he was such an interesting guy and I never heard about him before!”. Not much has changed since then, I still...
Why Was Matisse Obsessed With Goldfish?June 29, 2018
Goldfish here, goldfish there, in a bowl, in a tank, on a table, by the window, goldfish everywhere. Having been looking at Matisse’s work recently, I realized there was a period in which Matisse was obsessed with goldfish....
Do You Know that Henri Matisse Actually Came to Morocco?May 19, 2018
The first thoughts that come to one’s mind when one thinks of Henri Matisse are France, fauvism, raw shapes and colors, smooth brushstrokes, modern art… But never Morocco! Why not? First, because not many people know that Henri...
Rik Wouters, Genius Of Light And ColorFebruary 22, 2017
Have you heard of Rik Wouters? He is Belgium’s best-known Fauvist, renowned for the stunning colours in his paintings. His works has often been compared with Ensor, Cézanne and even Renoir. He became quickly appreciated by his contemporaries – as...
5 Paintings By Piet Mondrian You Wouldn’t Believe Were HisFebruary 1, 2017
Piet Mondrian, one of the founders of the Dutch modern movement De Stijl, is mostly known for his pure abstractions from the 1920s, reduced to lines and rectangles and basics colors. You know what I mean: But before Mondrian...
- Léon Spilliaert: The Longing Behind the Symbolism
- Kiyohara Yukinobu: Sublime Female Painter of the Kano School
- Stendhal Syndrome – The Art Fans Sickness
- Everything You Must Know About Suprematism and Kazimir Malevich
- DailyArt Magazine Turns Four! Our Impressions of the Impressionists
- Visit in Madrid or Online: The Thyssen-Bornemisza National Museum
- The Art Of Thanksgiving By Norman Rockwell
- Six Ancient Greek Sculptures Everyone Should Know
- The Best Autumn Foods in Still-Life Paintings
- 8 Paintings For Thanksgiving That Will Warm Your Heart