The Anti-Painting of Joan MiróSeptember 28, 2019
Joan Miró is an artist very difficult to categorize. In general, he is considered to be a surrealist. However, his works show a great diversity that goes beyond Surrealism, Dadaism and Fauvism. Some pieces remind us of childish...
Last Days of Summer in ArtSeptember 21, 2019
The end of summer is approaching and these last days of sunshine create a kind of melancholy feeling. You probably like to look back on the past few weeks. The summer is a period in which we may...
Natalia Goncharova First Time in LondonJune 6, 2019
We couldn’t have asked for a better birthday gift for Natalia Goncharova: a month before her birthday Tate Modern in London is presenting the first retrospective of her work in the UK ever. The exhibition opens on June, 6th. The date...
All Faces of František KupkaMay 27, 2019
First time I came across František Kupka’s work was in the Centre Pompidou and I thought: “Wow, he was such an interesting guy and I never heard about him before!”. Not much has changed since then, I still...
Do You Know that Henri Matisse Actually Came to Morocco?May 19, 2018
The first thoughts that come to one’s mind when one thinks of Henri Matisse are France, fauvism, raw shapes and colors, smooth brushstrokes, modern art… But never Morocco! Why not? First, because not many people know that Henri...
Rik Wouters, Genius Of Light And ColorFebruary 22, 2017
Have you heard of Rik Wouters? He is Belgium’s best-known Fauvist, renowned for the stunning colours in his paintings. His works has often been compared with Ensor, Cézanne and even Renoir. He became quickly appreciated by his contemporaries – as...
5 Paintings By Piet Mondrian You Wouldn’t Believe Were HisFebruary 1, 2017
Piet Mondrian, one of the founders of the Dutch modern movement De Stijl, is mostly known for his pure abstractions from the 1920s, reduced to lines and rectangles and basics colors. You know what I mean: But before Mondrian...
- Mothers in Art: DailyArt’s Celebration of Mother’s Day
- Aubrey Beardsley: Sharp Blacks and Whites of the Victorian Era
- The Stunning Botanical Art of Barbara Regina Dietzsch
- 5 Swedish Pioneering Female Photographers You Should Get to Know
- Artemisia Gentileschi: The Rape Survivor And Her Revenge
- Wronged Royal Wives – British Scandal and Heartbreak Through the Centuries
- Lise Tréhot. The Mysterious Beauty from Renoir’s Paintings
- Janet Sobel: the Forgotten Female Artist Who Influenced Jackson Pollock
- Zdzisław Beksiński’s Passion for Music
- Six Wives Of Henry VIII in Portraits