Do You Know that Henri Matisse Actually Came to Morocco?May 19, 2018
The first thoughts that come to one’s mind when one thinks of Henri Matisse are France, fauvism, raw shapes and colors, smooth brushstrokes, modern art… But never Morocco! Why not? First, because not many people know that Henri...
Rik Wouters, Genius Of Light And ColorFebruary 22, 2017
Have you heard of Rik Wouters? He is Belgium’s best-known Fauvist, renowned for the stunning colours in his paintings. His works has often been compared with Ensor, Cézanne and even Renoir. He became quickly appreciated by his contemporaries – as...
5 Paintings By Piet Mondrian You Wouldn’t Believe Were HisFebruary 1, 2017
Piet Mondrian, one of the founders of the Dutch modern movement De Stijl, is mostly known for his pure abstractions from the 1920s, reduced to lines and rectangles and basics colors. You know what I mean: But before Mondrian...
Henri Matisse, Harmony In Red – Painting of The WeekNovember 26, 2016
Two weeks ago I was lucky to see this painting on a exhibition Icons of Art. The Shchukin Collection in Fondation Louis Vuitton in Paris. Sergei Shchukin was the most important Russian collector of early twentieth-century Western art. He...
- Moondance. Full Moon in Painting
- Take a Trip with Rosemary Ellis
- Painting Parenthood – Artists’ Children Depicted by Their Mothers
- Disruptive Because Pretty: Art Guide To Aestheticism
- Caravaggio, The Musicians
- Explore the Unknown World of Klimt’s Landscapes
- Why Is St Sebastian A Gay Icon?
- 10 Most Scandalous Nudes in Art (NSFW)
- Van Gogh’s Sunflowers at the Van Gogh Museum
- Britain At Twilight: John Atkinson Grimshaw’s Landscapes