Natalia Goncharova First Time in LondonJune 6, 2019
We couldn’t have asked for a better birthday gift for Natalia Goncharova: a month before her birthday Tate Modern in London is presenting the first retrospective of her work in the UK ever. The exhibition opens on June, 6th. The date...
All Faces of František KupkaMay 27, 2019
First time I came across František Kupka’s work was in the Centre Pompidou and I thought: “Wow, he was such an interesting guy and I never heard about him before!”. Not much has changed since then, I still...
Why Was Matisse Obsessed With Goldfish?June 29, 2018
Goldfish here, goldfish there, in a bowl, in a tank, on a table, by the window, goldfish everywhere. Having been looking at Matisse’s work recently, I realized there was a period in which Matisse was obsessed with goldfish....
Do You Know that Henri Matisse Actually Came to Morocco?May 19, 2018
The first thoughts that come to one’s mind when one thinks of Henri Matisse are France, fauvism, raw shapes and colors, smooth brushstrokes, modern art… But never Morocco! Why not? First, because not many people know that Henri...
Rik Wouters, Genius Of Light And ColorFebruary 22, 2017
Have you heard of Rik Wouters? He is Belgium’s best-known Fauvist, renowned for the stunning colours in his paintings. His works has often been compared with Ensor, Cézanne and even Renoir. He became quickly appreciated by his contemporaries – as...
5 Paintings By Piet Mondrian You Wouldn’t Believe Were HisFebruary 1, 2017
Piet Mondrian, one of the founders of the Dutch modern movement De Stijl, is mostly known for his pure abstractions from the 1920s, reduced to lines and rectangles and basics colors. You know what I mean: But before Mondrian...
Henri Matisse, Harmony In Red – Painting of The WeekNovember 26, 2016
Two weeks ago I was lucky to see this painting on a exhibition Icons of Art. The Shchukin Collection in Fondation Louis Vuitton in Paris. Sergei Shchukin was the most important Russian collector of early twentieth-century Western art. He...
- Coffee, Tea, Beer… Drinks in Art for All Tastes!
- 10 Best Portraits Of Édouard Manet
- The Orientalism of Eugène Delacroix – Beware of the Colors!
- Here Comes the Sun… Sunrises for Hope in Art
- Lesbian Love and Sex in Art History
- Ardhanarishvara – Androgynous Portrayal of Shiva and Parvati
- Artists’ Beloved Travel Destinations as Seen Through Their Art
- Pink Unicorns, Cowboys and Candy Clouds: Welcome to Will Cotton’s Own Wild West
- Cute Babies in Art: From Rubens to Cassatt
- 10 Cocktails Inspired by Art for Artsy Drinking