Stories By Candy Bedworth
Celebrity Sculptors, Medieval Fraud And Nazi Looting – The Outrageous Story Of The Golden Veit Stoss AltarpieceAugust 6, 2018
This is largest Gothic altarpiece in the world and a national treasure of Poland. Carved over a period of 12 years, the 15th Century Veit Stoss Altarpiece is located behind the high altar of St. Mary’s Basilica,...
There Is More To Wales Than Coal-Mining, Rugby And MenJuly 19, 2018
A visit to ‘It’s About Time’ Ceredigion Museum, Wales (running January to April 2018). The visual artist Seren Morgan Jones was born in Aberystwyth, Wales in 1985. She has exhibited throughout the UK and is considered...
War, What Is It Good For? Absolutely Nothing! A Protest Art StoryMay 10, 2018
The following article could contain a depiction of violence. It’s intended only for mature audiences. From Guernica to Vietnam: a protest art story Points awarded to anyone who recognizes that the lyric in the title is...
The Spirit of Ecstasy – A Story of Goddesses and Secret AffairsApril 21, 2018
The story of the Spirit of Ecstasy is one to be pulled from the gossip columns of London high society. It involves rich and aristocratic benefactors, beautiful women and secret affairs. Join us on a journey...
- The Summer Feels So Far Away! – Ten Beaches in Art
- How to Show Music in Paintings? Best Depictions of Music in Art
- Gustav Klimt’s Lost and Found Viennese Beauty – Lady with Fan
- Alphonse Mucha: Art Nouveau Visionary at North Carolina Museum of Art
- How Galileo Galilei Changed the Moon Forever
- All You Need to Know About the Lascaux Cave
- Paintings in the Movie “The Accountant”
- Six Ancient Greek Sculptures Everyone Should Know
- The Hidden Meanings of Nature in Čiurlionis’ Paintings
- Beyond the National Gallery and Tate: Best London Art Museums