Two artists - Tania Brassesco and Lazlo Passi Norberto began their artistic collaboration in 2009 with the project "The Essence of Decadence". The photographs they created staged the classic decadent masterpieces, created in world of the turn of the 20 century. They show the same type of fatal woman who is portrayed in Klimt's, Shiele's and Casas' paintings and they reflect a humanity drowned in an uncertain condition.
As the artists say: "The immortality of Schiele's models, the bitter mystery of Klimt's women, the enigmatic muses of minor artists live again in a new form touching with their sighs the contemporary image, offering to our eyes the chance to remember famous artworks, to discover less celebrated works and to enjoy times and outlooks often neglected."
1. Young Decadent (After the Ball) by Ramon Casas (1899), Museum of Montserrat
2. The Black Hat by Gustav Klimt (1910), private collection
3. Seated Woman with Bent Knee by Egon Schiele (1917), National Gallery in Prague
4. Pot Pourri by Herbert James Draper, 1897, Tate Gallery
5. Paolo and Francesca by Gaetano Previati (1887), Accademia Carrara, Bergamo
6. Egon Schiele, Nude
Tania Brassesco and Lazlo Passi Norberto are exhibiting their artworks in numerous solo and group exhibitions in Italy, United States, Russia and Paris. Beautiful!