Stories By Jon Kelly
Talk about the Passion – Exploring Art at EasterApril 10, 2020
Easter Holy Week and The Crucifixion The final days of Holy Week are traditionally associated with the trial and execution of Jesus, culminating in his entombment in Jerusalem before his miraculous resurrection on Easter Sunday. The...
Museums And Exhibitions
Life In Motion Review: Egon Schiele And Francesca Woodman At Tate LiverpoolAugust 2, 2018
The current Life in Motion exhibition at Tate Liverpool features a dual display by two equally compelling artists. Captivating studies by Austrian painter Egon Schiele are accompanied by the mesmeric images of American photographer Francesca Woodman....
Seven Haunting Town Paintings by Egon SchieleJuly 2, 2018
Austrian artist Egon Schiele is best known for his shamelessly erotic and frank representations of the human form. But alongside his startlingly revealing portraits and raw nude studies lie haunting journeys into fragile existence via town paintings and landscapes. His...
Pictures On My Wall – The Art Of Polish Film PostersMay 29, 2018
The emergence of the poster as a fresh, creative medium was a timely episode in an unfolding age of consumer expendability. In an era of conveyor belt duplication, the twentieth century became an epoch dominated by advertising...
Free as a Bird – Max Ernst, Lop Lop and the Art of ChanceMay 4, 2018
The unconscious mind can serve as a revealing personal landscape. Feeding our dreams, shaping our personalities and informing our behaviour; the hidden aspects of the self ultimately determine the waking other. Surrealism was the moment when...
- How Art Saved His Life: Story of Horace Pippin
- Edgar Degas and New Orleans’ Paintings
- 5 Impressionist Gossips Which Will Make You Feel They Staged a Soap Opera
- The Pornographic World of Egon Schiele’s Nudes (18+)
- 15 Things You May Not Know About The Night Watch by Rembrandt
- Ancient Bikini Girls from the Roman Mosaics
- Perseus and the Head of Medusa – A Very Florentine Story
- Clark Art Institute Highlights
- The Lost Portrait of Henry VIII: Art in Service of Power
- Art History 101: Self-Portraits You Should Know
- Roll up, Roll up, for the Greatest Show on Earth! Jeanne Mount and Her Circus Mosaics
- Painting of the Week: Rachel Ruysch, Vase with Flowers
- Elena Luksch-Makowsky: From St. Petersburg, through Vienna to Hamburg
- Mirror Mosaics and Monir Shahroudy Farmanfarmaian
- The Forgotten Couturier Elsa Schiaparelli: Surrealism, Art and Revolutionary Fashion