Stories By Craig Wakerley
Passing Time with Klee: Demonstrating Temporality in Visual ArtSeptember 19, 2019
Paul Klee was a “musical” painter, not least because he chose the violin and bow before brush and easel. Klee’s father was a music teacher and his mother a singer, which had a profound effect on...
Getting Your Teeth into GoyaSeptember 10, 2019
Goya was not a happy man when he painted Saturn Devouring His Son, some time between 1819 and 1823. By the time he created this painting, illness had made him deaf and his wife was dying, enough...
- 15 Things You May Not Know About The Night Watch by Rembrandt
- Crash Course in Impressionism – Courtauld Impressionists: From Manet to Cézanne
- The Wounded Angel By Hugo Simberg
- 8 Things Everyone Should Know About Joaquin Sorolla
- Everything You Must Know About Suprematism and Kazimir Malevich
- Not All There – The Enigmatic Sculptures Of Bruno Catalano
- The Dystopian Surrealism of Zdzislaw Beksinski
- Van Gogh’s Sunflowers at the Van Gogh Museum
- Six Ancient Greek Sculptures Everyone Should Know
- 10 Most Scandalous Nudes in Art (NSFW)