Stories By Barry Russell
Hail Luo Ping! 18th Century Visionary Painter and PoetJune 17, 2021
Luo Ping, Freud’s Godfather, proclaims, ‘kill or be killed…’ but of course Luo Ping’s subtler than this, he only suggests what’s in his ‘unconscious’ mind. Sigmund Freud uncovered our powerful unconscious instincts about: life and death;...
Qi Baishi, China’s Master of the Ordinary in an Extraordinary WayMay 26, 2018
Qi Baishi, is probably the most unlikely person to become one of the highest valued artists in the world, right next to Andy Warhol and Picasso, but he is. It’s been sixty-one years since his death...
Let’s Sing Praises to Song Dynasty Genius Artist Ma YuanApril 18, 2018
There’s more to the paintings of Ma Yuan than meets the eye. Ma Yuan, (1160-1225) was a Southern Song Dynasty, Chinese painter from an illustrious family of academy artists. He lived during a cultural zenith when...
Meet Kun Can – Chinese Artist, One Of The “Four Great Monk Painters”March 29, 2018
A Chinese painter and Buddhist monk who lived 1612-1674, Kun Can was known as one of the ‘Four Great Monk Painters’ of the early Qing Dynasty. As a youth Kun Can studied the classics and prepared...
- The Summer Feels So Far Away! – Ten Beaches in Art
- How to Show Music in Paintings? Best Depictions of Music in Art
- Gustav Klimt’s Lost and Found Viennese Beauty – Lady with Fan
- Alphonse Mucha: Art Nouveau Visionary at North Carolina Museum of Art
- Paintings in the Movie “The Accountant”
- CHEAP: When Art Meets Activism – Interview with the Co-founder Sara Manfredi
- Everything You Must Know About All Michelangelo’s Pietàs
- Met Gala: When Art Meets High Fashion on the Beige Carpet (2021 Update!)
- All You Need to Know About the Lascaux Cave
- Peek into the Court: Stunning Qajar Portraits