Stories By Alicja Gluszek
Tarsila do Amaral: Joy Is the Decisive TestJune 14, 2019
Tarsila do Amaral left behind 230 paintings, five sculptures, and hundreds of drawings, prints and murals. She led Brazilian art into modernism. In her home country, she is a household name. She was a socialite, fashionista,...
Painting of the Week: Simpatía (La Rabia del gato), Remedios VaroMay 19, 2019
Our painting of the week is Simpatía (La Rabia del gato) which is soon going to be auctioned at Christie’s. It’s a huge treat for all art lovers because for the last 40 years it was a treasured piece...
Painting of the Week: Tarsila do Amaral, AbaporúMay 12, 2019
Abaporú: a painting that was a birthday gift from a wife to a husband, from Tarsila do Amaral to Oswaldo de Andrade. This work was a symbol of the loving and intellectual connection between two artists, and...
- Luncheon of the Boating Party in the Movie Amélie
- What Is a Tronie? Famous Examples of Tronies in Dutch and Flemish Baroque
- Fat Cat Art – Cat’s Guide to Classic Art
- The Temptress and the Slave in Art: Joseph and Potiphar’s Wife
- DailyArt Magazine Turns Four! Our Impressions of the Impressionists
- Here’s the Scoop on the Frick Collection’s Upcoming Renovation
- Art Nouveau Explained
- The Pre-Raphaelites and the Wombat
- VIPs… or VICs (Very Important Colors)? Iconic Hues in Art History
- Klimt’s Unknown Portraits You Would Never Guess Were His