Inflating Art: Special Balloons in the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day ParadeNovember 28, 2019
The Macy’s Thanksgiving Day parade holds as much tradition in America as football, turkey and stuffing itself. Over the past 9 decades, it has only grown in size and popularity. People look forward to seeing not only the...
Art in The Crown: Spies, Secrets and The Royal Art CollectionNovember 25, 2019
The Crown is not amused… There’s a scandal brewing behind the doors of Buckingham Palace. Let’s investigate art in The Crown, season 3. If you’re anything like me, the moment that Netflix released the newest installment of their...
10 Best Christmas Gifts from MuseumsNovember 23, 2019
Halloween has passed and the Christmas season has officially started. With it the longer nights, warm glow of lights and candles, and the headache of coming up with gifts for all our loved ones. It’s no easy task...
Fighting for Visibility in Berlin: In Conversation with the CuratorNovember 22, 2019
I have managed to ask a couple of questions of Dr. Yvette Deseyve, the curator of the exhibition Fighting for Visibility. Women Artists in the Nationalgalerie before 1919 that you can visit in Berlin until March 2020. If...
#MeToo Arrived in Museums: Fighting for Visibility in BerlinNovember 18, 2019
Since the 1970s and the emergence of feminist art, we have been witnessing the development of feminist art scholarship. Authors like Linda Nochlin or Griselda Pollock have been asking the ‘uncomfortable’ questions about female as an agent and...
The Great Art Robbery…FoiledNovember 16, 2019
Recently I had the pleasure of reviewing the Rembrandt’s Light exhibition at the Dulwich Picture Gallery. Sadly, since Thursday, 14th November 2019, the gallery is closed until further notice. This is due to a failed attempt at a...
La Calavera Catrina. A Skeleton LadyOctober 28, 2019
We all know Coco, a Pixar animation about a boy who dreams of becoming a musician, so he enters a talent contest, suddenly disappears from this world and finds himself in the after life, among the dead. It...
- Few Comments On Courbet’s Origin of the World
- Made for Reflection: Yayoi Kusama’s Narcissus Garden
- The Dreaming Youths: A Children’s Book That Parents Would Hide From Their Kids
- 11 Things You Might Not Know About Leonardo Da Vinci
- A Glimpse of Maritime Life in the Past in 7 Artworks
- Painting of the Week: Mary Cassatt, Little Girl in a Blue Armchair
- Rembrandt’s Light—Dulwich Picture Gallery
- 10 Most Scandalous Nudes in Art (NSFW)
- An Art Advent Calendar of Nativities
- 4 Artists Who Suffered Mental Illness (And How It Affected Their Art)