Stories By Lauren Dorsey
The Link Between Shipibo Pottery and Female Identity: Designs from the Peruvian AmazonFebruary 9, 2021
Along the Ucayali River of Northeastern Peru, women from the Shipibo-Conibo villages have been composing striking, geometric designs to cover pottery, woodcarvings, and textiles for over twelve hundred years. Each woman must design her own pattern...
Not So Dark After All: Greek Designs from the Dark AgesJanuary 18, 2021
In the mid-12th century BCE, the grand palaces and sprawling kingdoms that had defined life in the Mediterranean began to deteriorate. Perhaps traveling marauders crippled the region’s trade routes, plagues decreased their populations, or natural disasters wreaked...
How to Identify a Roman Emperor by His BeardJanuary 9, 2021
How many times have you walked into a museum full of statues or busts and not been able to tell one ancient sculpture from another? It can be intimidating to stand in a room of marble...
The Top 5 Most Badass Women of Greek MythologyDecember 6, 2020
Most people have heard stories of the most famous Greek gods and heroes: Zeus, Poseidon, Hercules, Hades, etc. But what about the tales and woes of mythical women? Ranging from clever queens to murderous witches, this...
- Vermeer’s Desperate Housewives
- 10 Most Beautiful Artistic Flower Arrangements for Spring
- Erna Rosenstein. Surrealist in the Country Where Surrealism Didn’t Exist
- The Sacred Cats of Ancient Egypt
- What I Found in the Museum Of Bad Art
- The Art of Domesticity: Art Inspired by the Home
- Henry Ossawa Tanner – African-American Artistic Pioneer
- Explore the Unknown World of Klimt’s Landscapes
- The Prime Minister’s Art: Landscapes of Winston Churchill
- Arenig School. Wild Bohemians and Welsh Mountains