Stories By James Wray
Perseus and the Head of Medusa – A Very Florentine StoryMay 22, 2019
Benvenuto Cellini’s Perseus and the Head of Medusa is a sculpture that is commonly overlooked. In fact it could be the most regularly overlooked work of art in the world. Standing in Florence’s Loggia dei Lanzi...
Art History 101
The Medici. Rich Sinners or Saintly Rulers?March 19, 2019
The Medici were one of the richest family dynasties that ever lived and perhaps the most influential patrons of the arts in history. For it was their great wealth and patronage from which the Renaissance of...
- 5 Paintings By Piet Mondrian You Wouldn’t Believe Were His
- 15 Cats in Art History Every Cat Lover Would Love
- Artemisia Gentileschi: The Rape Survivor And Her Revenge
- Painting of the Week: Claude Monet, Meules
- 6 Rooms from Famous Paintings Brought to Real Life
- Rembrandt And His Saddest Love Story
- Why Is St Sebastian A Gay Icon?
- The Great Art Robbery…Foiled
- 4 Artists Who Suffered Mental Illness (And How It Affected Their Art)
- 10 Most Scandalous Nudes in Art (NSFW)