Stories By James Wray
Perseus and the Head of Medusa – A Very Florentine StoryMay 22, 2019
Benvenuto Cellini’s Perseus and the Head of Medusa is a sculpture that is commonly overlooked. In fact it could be the most regularly overlooked work of art in the world. Standing in Florence’s Loggia dei Lanzi...
Art History 101
The Medici. Rich Sinners or Saintly Rulers?March 19, 2019
The Medici were one of the richest family dynasties that ever lived and perhaps the most influential patrons of the arts in history. For it was their great wealth and patronage from which the Renaissance of...
- Mothers in Art: DailyArt’s Celebration of Mother’s Day
- Aubrey Beardsley: Sharp Blacks and Whites of the Victorian Era
- The Stunning Botanical Art of Barbara Regina Dietzsch
- Lise Tréhot. The Mysterious Beauty from Renoir’s Paintings
- 5 Swedish Pioneering Female Photographers You Should Get to Know
- Artemisia Gentileschi: The Rape Survivor And Her Revenge
- Wronged Royal Wives – British Scandal and Heartbreak Through the Centuries
- Janet Sobel: the Forgotten Female Artist Who Influenced Jackson Pollock
- Zdzisław Beksiński’s Passion for Music
- Six Wives Of Henry VIII in Portraits