Stories By James Wray
Perseus and the Head of Medusa – A Very Florentine StoryMay 22, 2019
Benvenuto Cellini’s Perseus and the Head of Medusa is a sculpture that is commonly overlooked. In fact it could be the most regularly overlooked work of art in the world. Standing in Florence’s Loggia dei Lanzi...
Art History 101
The Medici. Rich Sinners or Saintly Rulers?March 19, 2019
The Medici were one of the richest family dynasties that ever lived and perhaps the most influential patrons of the arts in history. For it was their great wealth and patronage from which the Renaissance of...
- 10 Most Scandalous Nudes in Art (NSFW)
- Pen Pineapple Apple Pen – Art Edition
- These 4 Cutest Joshua Reynolds’ Children Will Make You Miss Childhood
- Vasily Vereshchagin – Journey through India
- Famous Painters and Their Children
- Art for Climate Change: Emily Carr, Odds and Ends
- Painting of the Week: Salvador Dalí, Madonna of Port Lligat
- Painting of the Week: Edvard Munch, Madonna
- Painting of the Week: Giotto, Ognissanti Madonna
- Artistic Patronage of Akbar the Great