Stories By James Wray
Perseus and the Head of Medusa – A Very Florentine StoryMay 22, 2019
Benvenuto Cellini’s Perseus and the Head of Medusa is a sculpture that is commonly overlooked. In fact it could be the most regularly overlooked work of art in the world. Standing in Florence’s Loggia dei Lanzi...
Art History 101
The Medici. Rich Sinners or Saintly Rulers?March 19, 2019
The Medici were one of the richest family dynasties that ever lived and perhaps the most influential patrons of the arts in history. For it was their great wealth and patronage from which the Renaissance of...
- When The Days Get Too Sunny…
- Chagall And The Coloured Glass
- Famous Autumn Paintings Created by Famous Artists
- Painting of the Week: Giotto, Ognissanti Madonna
- When Romanticism Meets Eruptions: Volcanoes in Paintings
- The Black And White World Of Felix Vallotton’s Prints
- Explore The World Of Medieval Glassmakers At Musee du Cluny
- 10 Most Scandalous Nudes in Art (NSFW)
- Six Ancient Greek Sculptures Everyone Should Know
- The Artistic Inspiration of Balenciaga