Stories By Clinton Pittman
Painting of the Week: Théodore Géricault, The Raft of the MedusaMarch 3, 2019
Théodore Géricault completed The Raft of the Medusa when he was 27, and the work has become an icon of French Romanticism. It is a direct precursor of Delacroix’s Massacre at Chios and Liberty Leading the...
Painting of the Week: Robert Delaunay, RythmesFebruary 16, 2019
The picture was inspired by the round shapes that marked the return of the artist to orphism and study of harmony in painting. For Delaunay, modernity is defined by its excessiveness. Under the effects of urban...
- Everything You Should Know About Orientalism
- How Many Paintings From Louvre Shown On This Video Can You Recognize?
- Representation vs Reality: Artists Portrayed in Midnight in Paris. Part I
- Welcome to the Wonderful Circus of Dame Laura Knight!
- ALL Louvre Masterpieces From Beyonce & Jay-Z’s ‘APES**T’ Video Explained
- The Gift of Pomona – Pears in Art
- 15 Must-See Art Exhibitions in 2020
- 10 Most Scandalous Nudes in Art (NSFW)
- Painting of the Week: John Singer Sargent, Madame X
- Top 7 Summer Destinations (From Art)