Stories By Clinton Pittman
Painting of the Week: Théodore Géricault, The Raft of the MedusaMarch 3, 2019
Théodore Géricault completed The Raft of the Medusa when he was 27, and the work has become an icon of French Romanticism. It is a direct precursor of Delacroix’s Massacre at Chios and Liberty Leading the...
Painting of the Week: Robert Delaunay, RythmesFebruary 16, 2019
The picture was inspired by the round shapes that marked the return of the artist to orphism and study of harmony in painting. For Delaunay, modernity is defined by its excessiveness. Under the effects of urban...
- Paul Gauguin – Master or Monster?
- Gustav Klimt, Death and Life
- Watch Kandinsky Drawing On A Rare Footage From 1926
- 410 Years Ago Rembrandt Was Born, Check Out His Six Magnificent Self-Portaits
- These Photographs Taken By Edgar Degas Will Sweep You Off Your Feet
- Vermeer’s Desperate Housewives
- International Women’s Day 2019: Three Unknown Women Artists
- 10 Most Scandalous Nudes in Art (NSFW)
- 15 Things You May Not Know About The Night Watch by Rembrandt
- Jeanne Hébuterne. Not Only a Muse but an Artist in Her Own Right