Stories By Clinton Pittman
Painting of the Week: Théodore Géricault, The Raft of the MedusaMarch 3, 2019
Théodore Géricault completed The Raft of the Medusa when he was 27, and the work has become an icon of French Romanticism. It is a direct precursor of Delacroix’s Massacre at Chios and Liberty Leading the...
Painting of the Week: Robert Delaunay, RythmesFebruary 16, 2019
The picture was inspired by the round shapes that marked the return of the artist to orphism and study of harmony in painting. For Delaunay, modernity is defined by its excessiveness. Under the effects of urban...
- When The Days Get Too Sunny…
- Chagall And The Coloured Glass
- Famous Autumn Paintings Created by Famous Artists
- Painting of the Week: Giotto, Ognissanti Madonna
- Explore The World Of Medieval Glassmakers At Musee du Cluny
- Lakshmi in Art. The Goddess of Wealth
- The Black And White World Of Felix Vallotton’s Prints
- When Romanticism Meets Eruptions: Volcanoes in Paintings
- 10 Most Scandalous Nudes in Art (NSFW)
- Six Ancient Greek Sculptures Everyone Should Know