All posts tagged "women in art"
Flaming June or Dorothy Dene? A Muse of Frederic LeightonSeptember 5, 2020
In 1879, Frederic Leighton’s biographer and neighbor (that’s handy, isn’t it?), Mrs. Barrington, noticed “a young...
- Why Babies in Medieval Paintings Look Like Ugly Old Men
- Cute Babies in Art: From Rubens to Cassatt
- Tsuguharu Foujita: The Cat Master
- Art for Climate Change: Emily Carr, Odds and Ends
- The Erotic Potential of The Temptation of St. Anthony
- Back to School: The Great Art History 101
- Three Unique Portrayals of Europa’s Abduction Myth
- Tattoos – Ancient Ink to Modern Celebrity
- The Serene Beauty of a Pastoral Love: Daphnis and Chloé Paintings
- A Capri Romance: John Singer Sargent and Rosina Fererra