All posts tagged "van Gogh"
Art State of Mind
Fine Art in Rap Music: Eight Painters that Rappers Like To Be Compared ToMay 30, 2020
Full of metaphors, double meanings, and references to popular culture – from cinema to literature, and...
Painting of the Week: Kikukawa Eizan, The Courtesan Hinaaya of the Chōji HouseMay 24, 2020
Vincent and Theo van Gogh, the close-knit brothers, extensively collected Japanese Ukiyo-e prints. Van Gogh had...
Painting of the Week: Vincent van Gogh, Bridge in the Rain (after Hiroshige)May 10, 2020
In the mid 19th century, Japanese ports were suddenly opened up to international trade, and Europeans went...
Painting of the Week: Van Gogh’s Seascape near Les Saintes-Maries-de-la-MerMay 3, 2020
Vincent van Gogh is one of the most popular painters of all-time. He dominates Post-Impressionism. He...
- Edgar Degas and His Most Beautiful Ballerinas
- Fifty Shades of Dr. Pozzi
- HERE: Black in Rembrandt’s Time. Rembrandthuis Decolonizes
- Autumn Moon in Japanese Woodblock Prints
- Erotic Art in Pompeii and Herculaneum (NSFW!)
- Nighthawks as Memes – Edward Hopper’s Best Renditions
- Botero and His Characteristic Chubby Style: Boterism
- The Lifelike Death Fayum Portraits of Roman Egypt
- Painting of the Week: Firs Zhuravlev, A Fashionista Wife
- The Origin of the World and the Female Gaze
- Traversing the Unseen: Interview with Multi-Media Artist Sara Osebold
- Frida Kahlo And The Symbolism In Her Art
- Kyra Nijinsky: Portrait of a Dancer
- “They Are Black Because I’m Not White” Portraits By Lynette Yiadom-Boakye
- The Forgotten Couturier Elsa Schiaparelli: Surrealism, Art and Revolutionary Fashion