All posts tagged "Paris"
Representation vs Reality: Artists Portrayed in Midnight in Paris. Part IJanuary 3, 2019
In Woody Allen’s 2011 Midnight in Paris, Owen Wilson plays a nostalgic screenwriter who somehow finds...
Henry Ossawa Tanner – African-American Artistic PioneerApril 11, 2017
Henry Ossawa Tanner (1859-1937), the first African-American to become an internationally successful artist, was known for...
- Edgar Degas and His Most Beautiful Ballerinas
- Fifty Shades of Dr. Pozzi
- HERE: Black in Rembrandt’s Time. Rembrandthuis Decolonizes
- Botero and His Characteristic Chubby Style: Boterism
- Autumn Moon in Japanese Woodblock Prints
- Nighthawks as Memes – Edward Hopper’s Best Renditions
- The Lifelike Death Fayum Portraits of Roman Egypt
- Painting of the Week: Firs Zhuravlev, A Fashionista Wife
- Where Is Van Gogh’s Biggest Art Collection Outside of Amsterdam? In the Kröller-Müller Museum!
- Allegories of Autumn – A Top Ten of Sensational Symbolic Artworks
- Traversing the Unseen: Interview with Multi-Media Artist Sara Osebold
- Frida Kahlo And The Symbolism In Her Art
- The Forgotten Couturier Elsa Schiaparelli: Surrealism, Art and Revolutionary Fashion
- Kyra Nijinsky: Portrait of a Dancer
- “They Are Black Because I’m Not White” Portraits By Lynette Yiadom-Boakye