All posts tagged "paintings"
The Surprising Career of Lavinia Fontana: Painter of Popes, Nudes, and NoblewomenNovember 23, 2018
There weren’t very many women able to become successful artists in Renaissance Europe. There were probably...
Painting of the Week
George Henry Boughton, Pilgrims Going to ChurchNovember 10, 2018
This week’s painting is Pilgrims Going to Church by George Henry Boughton (1833-1905). Even though Boughton grew up...
Let It Be: The Annunciation In Medieval And Renaissance Christian ArtAugust 28, 2018
Religious themes in art have prevailed throughout time. Whether it is Catholicism, Judaism, Islam, or Hinduism...
Do You “Pronkstill”Even? Social Media Of The Dutch Golden AgeAugust 18, 2018
Carefully arranged plates of food, surrounded by carefully planned out backgrounds; images with hidden meanings; a...
The American Artist Who Loved Everything British: Edwin Austin Abbey’s Shakespeare PaintingsApril 14, 2018
Painter and illustrator Edwin Austin Abbey (1852-1911) was born in America, but he spent most of...
- When The Days Get Too Sunny…
- Chagall And The Coloured Glass
- Famous Autumn Paintings Created by Famous Artists
- Painting of the Week: Giotto, Ognissanti Madonna
- When Romanticism Meets Eruptions: Volcanoes in Paintings
- The Black And White World Of Felix Vallotton’s Prints
- Explore The World Of Medieval Glassmakers At Musee du Cluny
- 10 Most Scandalous Nudes in Art (NSFW)
- Six Ancient Greek Sculptures Everyone Should Know
- The Artistic Inspiration of Balenciaga