All posts tagged "paintings"
The Surprising Career of Lavinia Fontana: Painter of Popes, Nudes, and NoblewomenNovember 23, 2018
There weren’t very many women able to become successful artists in Renaissance Europe. There were probably...
Painting of the Week
George Henry Boughton, Pilgrims Going to ChurchNovember 10, 2018
This week’s painting is Pilgrims Going to Church by George Henry Boughton (1833-1905). Even though Boughton grew up...
Let It Be: The Annunciation In Medieval And Renaissance Christian ArtAugust 28, 2018
Religious themes in art have prevailed throughout time. Whether it is Catholicism, Judaism, Islam, or Hinduism...
Do You “Pronkstill”Even? Social Media Of The Dutch Golden AgeAugust 18, 2018
Carefully arranged plates of food, surrounded by carefully planned out backgrounds; images with hidden meanings; a...
The American Artist Who Loved Everything British: Edwin Austin Abbey’s Shakespeare PaintingsApril 14, 2018
Painter and illustrator Edwin Austin Abbey (1852-1911) was born in America, but he spent most of...
- Gustave Caillebotte’s Urban Intimacy
- Seven Haunting Town Paintings by Egon Schiele
- Just Married: Wedding Paintings Which Will Secure You A Happy Future Together
- Painting of the Week – In the Studio by William Merritt Chase
- Do You “Pronkstill”Even? Social Media Of The Dutch Golden Age
- Why Is St Sebastian A Gay Icon?
- 10 Most Scandalous Nudes in Art (NSFW)
- The Pornographic World of Egon Schiele’s Nudes (18+)
- Painting of the Week: Diego Velázquez, The Rokeby Venus
- Paul Gauguin – Master or Monster?