All posts tagged "American"
Dream-like Artworks: Minnie Evans’ Divine InspirationAugust 14, 2018
Folk Art, Surrealist, Visionary, Americana, call it what you will. Minnie Evans’ (1892-1987) dream-like artworks speak...
Museums And Exhibitions
Life In Motion Review: Egon Schiele And Francesca Woodman At Tate LiverpoolAugust 2, 2018
The current Life in Motion exhibition at Tate Liverpool features a dual display by two equally...
Beyond Glass and Interiors – Louis Comfort Tiffany’s PaintingsJune 23, 2018
Louis Comfort Tiffany was famous for his beautiful stained glass, decorative arts, and interiors. (His father,...
The American Artist Who Loved Everything British: Edwin Austin Abbey’s Shakespeare PaintingsApril 14, 2018
Painter and illustrator Edwin Austin Abbey (1852-1911) was born in America, but he spent most of...
Henry Ossawa Tanner – African-American Artistic PioneerApril 11, 2017
Henry Ossawa Tanner (1859-1937), the first African-American to become an internationally successful artist, was known for...
- What Is a Tronie? Famous Examples of Tronies in Dutch and Flemish Baroque
- Fat Cat Art – Cat’s Guide to Classic Art
- The Temptress and the Slave in Art: Joseph and Potiphar’s Wife
- Here’s the Scoop on the Frick Collection’s Upcoming Renovation
- Gustave Caillebotte’s Urban Intimacy
- DailyArt Magazine Turns Four! Our Impressions of the Impressionists
- VIPs… or VICs (Very Important Colors)? Iconic Hues in Art History
- What is a Wunderkammer? Best Cabinets of Curiosities
- Edgar Degas and His Most Beautiful Ballerinas
- Masterpieces from the Frick Collection