All posts tagged "American"
Painting of the Week
George Henry Boughton, Pilgrims Going to ChurchNovember 10, 2018
This week’s painting is Pilgrims Going to Church by George Henry Boughton (1833-1905). Even though Boughton grew up...
Dream-like Artworks: Minnie Evans’ Divine InspirationAugust 14, 2018
Folk Art, Surrealist, Visionary, Americana, call it what you will. Minnie Evans’ (1892-1987) dream-like artworks speak...
Museums And Exhibitions
Life In Motion Review: Egon Schiele And Francesca Woodman At Tate LiverpoolAugust 2, 2018
The current Life in Motion exhibition at Tate Liverpool features a dual display by two equally...
Beyond Glass and Interiors – Louis Comfort Tiffany’s PaintingsJune 23, 2018
Louis Comfort Tiffany was famous for his beautiful stained glass, decorative arts, and interiors. (His father,...
The American Artist Who Loved Everything British: Edwin Austin Abbey’s Shakespeare PaintingsApril 14, 2018
Painter and illustrator Edwin Austin Abbey (1852-1911) was born in America, but he spent most of...
Henry Ossawa Tanner – African-American Artistic PioneerApril 11, 2017
Henry Ossawa Tanner (1859-1937), the first African-American to become an internationally successful artist, was known for...
- Evoking The Genius Of Brancusi At The Museum Of Modern Art In New York
- 10 Most Scandalous Nudes in Art (NSFW)
- Tarsila do Amaral: Joy Is the Decisive Test
- It’s Not Always What It Seems: The Fabulous Inventions of Panamarenko
- Six Ancient Greek Sculptures Everyone Should Know
- Lee Krasner and the Art of Starting Over
- Painting of the Week: Masaccio, The Tribute Money
- 4 Artists Who Suffered Mental Illness (And How It Affected Their Art)
- Greek Mythological Creatures That Combine Female Beauty And Beastly Ugliness
- Frida Kahlo And The Symbolism In Her Art