All posts tagged "18th century"
Painting of the Week: Anne Vallayer-Coster, Still Life with MackerelMarch 28, 2021
Anne Vallayer-Coster was one of the foremost still-life painters in 18th century France. She was enormously...
The Largest Ceiling Fresco in the World: Giambattista Tiepolo in Würzburger ResidenzFebruary 3, 2021
Giambattista Tiepolo brought Venice back to the artistic spotlight in the 18th century. Without a doubt,...
Industrial Landscapes – The Silhouette of the Industrial RevolutionDecember 8, 2020
The Industrial Revolution brought profound changes into the world, re-designing its shape in the most hardhearted...
Healing Violante Ferroni’s Paintings at San Giovanni di Dio HospitalDecember 5, 2020
In the mid-18th century, Florentine artist Violante Ferroni painted two large religious scenes for the atrium...
- Language of Flowers: Hidden Messages in Flora
- The State Russian Museum Highlights
- There Were Really Hot Guys in Ancient Greece: the Barberini Faun
- Watch Julianne Moore as Famous Works of Art
- Sisterhood in Art: Portraying Sisters
- Online Art Travels: An Ultimate Banksy City Guide for 2021
- Everything You Must Know About All Michelangelo’s Pietàs
- Painting of the Week: Sea Watchers by Edward Hopper
- Dive into the World of Fairy Tales with Čiurlionis
- The Art of Domesticity: Art Inspired by the Home