All posts tagged "18th century"
Painting of the Week: Anne Vallayer-Coster, Still Life with MackerelMarch 28, 2021
Anne Vallayer-Coster was one of the foremost still-life painters in 18th century France. She was enormously...
The Largest Ceiling Fresco in the World: Giambattista Tiepolo in Würzburger ResidenzFebruary 3, 2021
Giambattista Tiepolo brought Venice back to the artistic spotlight in the 18th century. Without a doubt,...
Industrial Landscapes – The Silhouette of the Industrial RevolutionDecember 8, 2020
The Industrial Revolution brought profound changes into the world, re-designing its shape in the most hardhearted...
Healing Violante Ferroni’s Paintings at San Giovanni di Dio HospitalDecember 5, 2020
In the mid-18th century, Florentine artist Violante Ferroni painted two large religious scenes for the atrium...
- 10 Times When Egon Schiele Mastered Hip Hop Hand Gestures
- How to Show Music in Paintings? Best Depictions of Music in Art
- 10 Female Artists Forgotten By Art History
- Painting of the Week: Claude Raguet Hirst, A Gentleman’s Table
- Mary Cassatt: The Story of the American Impressionist
- 10 Great Women Sculptors You Should Know
- The Masterpiece of the Week: Fallingwater by Frank Lloyd Wright
- The Top 10 Strange and Bizarre Paintings
- The Most Important Day! Wedding Inspiration in Art
- True Tips for a Happier Life from the Miniatures of Reza Abbasi