All about Sailing in PaintingAugust 20, 2019
I’ve sailed only once or twice in my whole life but I can still remember the empowering feeling of liberation that I felt when on the water. Sailing and sailboats have been a common topic taken up by...
You Got a Fast Car: Automobile ArtJuly 16, 2019
I’m desperately trying to pass my driving license exam (so far no good). I thought that maybe art and Tracy Chapman could give me some speeding vibes in the car? Renaissance Vehicle This drawing presents the original idea...
Do You Watch ‘Love Island’? See This Art SpecialJune 19, 2018
At the moment, the annual summer show ‘Love Island’ on ITV is a top topic in the UK where I live. If you don’t know what I’m talking about, imagine a group of bikini-clad young girls and lads...
World Cup Opening Game with LS LowryJune 11, 2018
The FIFA World Cup begins in Russia on Thursday! Whether you’re fans of football, or you get bored watching the telly, it’s always fun to get carried away by the sport spirit, cheering for a favorite team. To...
Running In Museums? Run with Martin CreedNovember 27, 2017
Have you ever entered a museum five minutes before closing and thus had to run to see as much as possible? Such a thing happened to Martin Creed, a contemporary British artist, who once in Sicily had to...
Carousels, Roundabouts, Merry-Go-Rounds in Art…All the Fun of the FairOctober 10, 2017
The carousel, roundabout or Merry-Go-Round, has a long history stemming back to the time of the crusades and was used as a method of training for combat, with riders galloping in circles throwing balls to one another. Eventually,...
Time For Golf! Golf PaintingsSeptember 30, 2017
I live in St Andrews, a small town in Scotland which is a legendary cradle of golf in the UK. Yesterday, when I was strolling on the golf course, I wondered whether there was any golf painting showing...
- The Scandalous Nudes of Gustave Courbet
- The Story of Vincent van Gogh’s Bedroom And Its Three Versions
- Where is the Queen? Black Women in Western Art
- Art on the Verge of Eroticism and Pathology by Egon Schiele
- Symbolism In Victorian Art
- 5 Greatest Baroque Painters And Their Work
- Egon Schiele, Edith with Striped Dress, Sitting
- 10 Most Scandalous Nudes in Art (NSFW)
- Plague in Art: 10 Paintings You Should Know in the Times of Coronavirus
- The Art of Adolf Hitler: Idyllic Paintings of a Monster