Arcimboldo’s Allegories of the SeasonsSeptember 24, 2020
Giuseppe Arcimboldo’s paintings of the four seasons have astonished audiences from the sixteenth century to this day. Even though, allegorical representations are quite common in the history of art, Arcimboldo’s portraits manage to capture the spirit of each...
Allegories of Autumn – A Top Ten of Sensational Symbolic ArtworksSeptember 22, 2020
What does Autumn mean to you? Traditionally it meant the abundance of the harvest, a celebration of ripeness and maturity. Museums and galleries are full of paintings which pay tribute to this theme showing the Allegories of Autumn....
Autumn Atmosphere in the Paintings of Paul KleeSeptember 21, 2020
Hello autumn! I really like this season, especially because of its color palette: reddish and yellowish leaves, beige coats, green wellies, orange pumpkins… The colors of autumn are warm and they create a unique atmosphere of coziness. Can you...
The Fantasy World of Giuseppe Arcimboldo’s PortraitsAugust 15, 2020
Giuseppe Arcimboldo was the King of Mannerism. If you see a human portrait made of plants, vegetables, books, animals and generally speaking, stuff – you can be sure it’s Arcimboldo. These portraits were an expression of a Renaissance mind’s...
10 Ways to Spend the Summer, Inspired by ArtJune 24, 2020
Art suggests and indicates many things to a perceptive viewer. We believe it can also be the perfect ‘influencer’ when it comes to current trends, lifestyles, and activities. The many changes we have had to face since the...
Painting of the Week: Caspar David Friedrich, Abbey in the OakwoodJune 14, 2020
Sadness and desolation fill this scene like an oppressive melancholy. The sun is dying behind the horizon as fog enshrouds the ground. Skeletal trees rise above the mist and surround the crumbling ruins of a Gothic abbey. Silence...
Around the World in Spring Through PaintingsMay 31, 2020
Spring has inspired artists from all over the world for generations. The melting away of the cold winter and burgeoning of new life in every corner hints at new beginnings and a fresh start. This spring is perhaps even...
- Léon Spilliaert: The Longing Behind the Symbolism
- Kiyohara Yukinobu: Sublime Female Painter of the Kano School
- Stendhal Syndrome – The Art Fans Sickness
- Everything You Must Know About Suprematism and Kazimir Malevich
- DailyArt Magazine Turns Four! Our Impressions of the Impressionists
- Visit in Madrid or Online: The Thyssen-Bornemisza National Museum
- The Art Of Thanksgiving By Norman Rockwell
- Six Ancient Greek Sculptures Everyone Should Know
- The Best Autumn Foods in Still-Life Paintings
- 8 Paintings For Thanksgiving That Will Warm Your Heart