10 Most Beautiful Artistic Flower Arrangements for SpringFebruary 21, 2021
Winter passed so quickly this year. The situation is still weird, to say the least, in several countries around the world. However, Spring has always symbolized change and hope for something better, something fresh. Like these artistic flower...
The Scent of Orange in the Wintery Air: Portraits with OrangesJanuary 30, 2021
What does winter smell to you like? For me, it’s the scent of cinnamon-spiced gingerbread, mulled wine, and of course mandarins. My grandma used to make Christmas decorations by spiking oranges with cloves, turning them into pomander balls....
Snowy Russian Winter in Konstantin Korovin’s EyesJanuary 29, 2021
If one thinks of winter in Russia, one usually imagines loads of snow, fur hats, and hip flasks filled with some warming drink. What was winter like to one of the most famous Russian Impressionists, Konstantin Korovin? Konstantin...
Ice Skating Artwork – A Visual Journey on IceJanuary 28, 2021
Ice skating is a beloved winter activity and I’ve been an avid participant (all year round) since I was a little girl. As such, I really enjoy looking at ice skating in artworks from centuries past. It’s fun...
The Idyllic Winters in Croatian Naïve ArtJanuary 27, 2021
Croatian naïve art is a specific style of art which originated in a small rural municipality called Hlebine. It began simply as an appreciation of the artworks of uneducated peasants. But later, it became a recognizable style with a...
Baby, It’s Cold Outside: Snowy Landscape Paintings to EnjoyDecember 21, 2020
Snow. You either love it, or hate it. Are you able to picture a fresh snow fall in your mind? Or is it falling outside your window as you read this article? Either way, there is nothing quite...
The Summer Feels So Far Away! – Ten Beaches in ArtDecember 8, 2020
In the Northern Hemisphere, we have now the gloomy dark time of the year, where our only consolation is waiting for Christmas. The summer feels so far away! But do you still remember the joy of being on...
- Mothers in Art: DailyArt’s Celebration of Mother’s Day
- Aubrey Beardsley: Sharp Blacks and Whites of the Victorian Era
- The Stunning Botanical Art of Barbara Regina Dietzsch
- 5 Swedish Pioneering Female Photographers You Should Get to Know
- Artemisia Gentileschi: The Rape Survivor And Her Revenge
- Wronged Royal Wives – British Scandal and Heartbreak Through the Centuries
- Janet Sobel: the Forgotten Female Artist Who Influenced Jackson Pollock
- Six Wives Of Henry VIII in Portraits
- Zdzisław Beksiński’s Passion for Music
- May the 4th Be with You—Archetypes in Star Wars and Art