Ten Most Expensive Paintings EverJuly 25, 2020
9. $170.4 M First time at auction and already kicked the ceiling achieving the second-highest auction price for a painting at the time: $170.4 million. This beautiful nude was bought in 2015 from Laura Mattioli Rossi by Chinese...
Behind the Canvas: Claire TabouretJuly 20, 2020
In the second edition of Behind the Canvas, we catch up with Claire Tabouret on the inspirations, stylistic influences and evolutions of her latest series of work: Siblings. The series debuted at Perrotin’s Seoul space. Claire Tabouret is...
Masterpieces from the Frick CollectionJuly 12, 2020
The Frick Collection in New York is one of my favorite art museums! In honor of DailyArt Magazine’s July 2020 collaboration with this illustrious institution, enjoy ten of its most celebrated masterpieces. The Flagellation of Christ by Cimabue...
What is a Wunderkammer? Best Cabinets of CuriositiesJuly 6, 2020
The characteristic of arousing surprise for the observer is typical for the so-called Wunderkammer or Cabinet of Curiosities. These are real rooms of wonders where, in an undifferentiated mix of art and science, of naturalia and artificialia, the...
Mona Lisa at the Battlefield: the History of Saving Art During World War IIJuly 3, 2020
During walks through the halls of museums, few people think about how these art masterpieces were not always in their place. In turbulent war years, art, like the civilian population, had to be evacuated. How was that even...
Chiharu Shiota’s Installation Art: Drawing in the AirJuly 2, 2020
Berlin-based artist Chiharu Shiota creates monumental artworks that immerse the visitor in a tangled web of their own imagination. Delicate yarn installations, filling a gallery space, move you from creation to death, and almost impossibly, beyond.
- Mothers in Art: DailyArt’s Celebration of Mother’s Day
- Giovanna Garzoni – A Baroque Painter Inspires an Art Challenge
- The Pre-Raphaelites and the Wombat
- Six Exquisite Mother-of-Pearl Artifacts from Gujarat
- 5 Artists Who Likely Suffered From Syphilis
- How To Do 21st Century Grand Tour according to Mr. Bacchus
- Art History 101: Twelve Portraits You Should Know
- Four Women Impressionists You Shouldn’t Forget
- The Dreamlike, Queer Femme Paintings of Marie Laurencin
- Käthe Kollwitz: Germany’s Greatest Female Artist